• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Caster feats

Ohhh, now you're talkin! I like it! :) Whats the focus of this build - casting or melee? I'm just trying to imagine what it would be doing round to round.

When I've done things like this in the past, the wizard is acting as the party's primary or secondary tank. Tanking is never a first-choice strategy, since killing things from range is always better, but if you need someone to stand in a chokepoint and hold enemies off while the rest of the party kills them with arrows/cantrips, it's nice to have someone who can turn on disadvantage (Dodge or Blur) + AC 26 at will.

I like to always have at least two archer-types in any given party (Spell Sniper warlocks or Sharpshooters) so the archers can focus on doing damage while the tank(s) focus on eking out their HP totals.

So anyway, yes, the wizard is a party tank (though damage is fairly unimportant) and also the primary wizard. If someone is going to be casting Arcane Eye or Teleport or Evard's Black Tentacles, it is that guy.

LoreMaps

First Post
Keen mind is an amazing feat for any wizard, because it lets you:
Create accurate illusions of anything that you have seen or heard within the last month. Instant illusory copies of any text, instantly convincing auditory illusions of people etc etc.

Greatly improve your chances to teleport anywhere you've been within the last month.

Copy spells from someone's spell book after a glimpse.

Memorize your spells without your spell book.

Carry an enormous pile of reference material in your head.

My illusionist also has keen mind. My DM is willing to repeat every single detail in case I forgot something and I ask for help. If other players forget he share much less info from his notes. And knowing where north is can give advantages to survivals

Casting, your just there for the tanking: Armour proficiency (heavy/shields), defensive, second wind, con saves. You could use a weapon if you want but it would probably just make you more MAD

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Casting, your just there for the tanking: Armour proficiency (heavy/shields), defensive, second wind, con saves. You could use a weapon if you want but it would probably just make you more MAD

Speaking of casting, you have successfully cast your Resurrect spell and the thread is alive again after over 3 years of death. Congrats! :D

Remove ads