• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Casting Shocking Grasp while Blinking, holding the charge?

Wolfix

First Post
Say my wizard/monk has cast the Blink spell, and next round casts a Shocking Grasp spell. Now at first I thought that both the casting of SG would have a 20% failure chance, and the touching part as well. But then I got thinking, would a charge spell like SG only affect the etheral plane if cast there (so rolling under 20% for the cast) or would it stay with you when you blink back to the material plane?

Sithobi1

First Post
I'd say that you only get the miss chance when touching, not when imbuing yourself with the charge, because other spells like bull's strength are not affected by blink.

Jhulae

First Post
Sithobi1 said:
I'd say that you only get the miss chance when touching, not when imbuing yourself with the charge, because other spells like bull's strength are not affected by blink.

Exactly. Just the normal 20% miss chance when trying to attack while Blinking, just like normal.

And, if you miss that roll, the spell is still charged, just like normal.

Remove ads