• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Castles & Crusades-Open for Wait List] Skylark's The Temple of Elemental Evil (T1-4)

Skylark

First Post
Thanks for posting Coramonde and Gmredux. Well, this is what we have proposed so far:

Deuce Traveler - Paladin or Rogue
the_myth - Elf Monk/Wizard, Elf Bard/Wizard, or a Gnome Wizard
Rhuvein - prefer to play demi-humans and those classes which no one else will take
Coramonde - human Fighter/Wizard/Cleric sounds cool, or a Monk/Wizard/Cleric
gmredux - Fighter, Cleric, or Fighter/Cleric (Elf)

I think that doubling up on the clerics will help keep the party active and involved, and avoid running back to home base too often...

Possible Group:
Warriors - gmredux (Fighter/Cleric)
Magic Users - they_myth (Wizard of some sort), Coramonde (Wizard/Cleric/?)
Priests - Coramonde (see above), gmredux (see above)
Rogues - Deuce Traveler (if not a paladin)

This group is heavy on the demihumans, so I think I will allow a human character to be triple classed Coramonde, just to encourage them. I'm tired right now, so I will post a bit more tomorrow!

the_myth

First Post
Has anyone else acquired the CnC Cheat Sheet?

I don't own the rulesbook yet, and I am wondering how accurate this version of the Cheat Sheet is:

goreanmale.homestead.com/files/cnc/cnccheatsheet.pdf

ShawnG

First Post
Still Taking any recruits? I'm currently running a game over at the Trolls (Hi Rhu!) and would like to play! Looking at a Human Bard or Ranger.

gmredux

First Post
the_myth said:
Has anyone else acquired the CnC Cheat Sheet?

I don't own the rulesbook yet, and I am wondering how accurate this version of the Cheat Sheet is:

goreanmale.homestead.com/files/cnc/cnccheatsheet.pdf

I took a peek... seems close enough for government work

Skylark

First Post
The CNC Cheat Sheet seems fine to me, so I recommend downloading it for reference if you do not have the rules.

ShawnG, yes, I am stil taking players. Did you see the game as advertised over at the troll site, or here?

That gives us six players:
Deuce Traveler
the_myth
Rhuvein
Coramonde
gmredux
ShawnG

That is enough for me. Let's congratulate everyone on playing. Anyone STILL INTERESTED, please post here anyway as alternates, for when a player bows out (hopefully not).

Before we go any further, why don't we roll ability scores? This will help some of you decide on your final race/class choices. Here is how it will go. Go over to invisiblecastle.com and go to ROLL DICE. Choose to roll 3d6 for a total of 96 times. Email me the link to the results. Use your ID here at EN World for the name when you roll (note: you must input the name before you roll!). My email address is skylarkofspace@yahoo.com.

When choosing ability scores from the ninety six 3d6 rolls, you may choose any sequential 6 number in the string of results, as long as they are consecutive, and apply them to the ability scores In Order: Str Int Wis Dex Con Cha. This harkens back to the 1eADND Unearthed Arcana, which allowed for rolling 3d6 for six sets of characters and keeping whichever one you liked best. My way is a bit more flexible. Oh yeah, I'm not anal. If you really don't care for the rolls, do it again until something strikes your fancy. Just don't come back with all 18s! :p

You can then discuss your characters a bit here, and we will finalize them once ability scores, race, and class have been decided. I hope to start the game by Monday.

Any questions, please post them for me so that I can help out! And welcome again! I hope to see a very exciting and harrowing campaign.

Last edited:

Skylark

First Post
Deuce Traveler said:
I don't mind going rogue at all if we get so many volunteers for playing meat shields.

Of course you have the immense advantage of zipping up rogue levels while the more 'weighty' multi classed guys lumber along. Rogue saves for teh win! ;)

Actually, that gets me thinking, a single class Rogue with all of this multiclassing will far outstrip the rest of the party. If you want to keep your levels more in line with everyone else, you could multiclass Rogue with Paladin or some such. Kinda like a stalker of evil!

Last edited:

Coramonde

First Post
I sent you my scores Skylark but figured I might as well post what they are and what I would like to play here too.

CG human Assassin/Monk/Wizard or Illusionist

Str 18 (+3) :D
Int 17 (+2) [Prime] :D
Wis 11(+0)
Dex 12 (+0) [Prime] I do wish this was highter, but oh well :eek:
Con 13 (+1) [Prime]
Cha 13 (+1)

I spotted that you did not want assassins :] , and I could change it to rogue with no problem, but I see this guy as a wizard who hunts down dangerous wizards, and assassin seems to fit the bill better than a treasure hunter rogue. Like I said, I can change it if you feel assassin is somehow 'evil'. I simply feel that the skill set fits more like a dedicated manhunter. :heh:

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
I would be interested in being an alternate. I own and have read the C&C book, and have DM'ed 2 complete PbP adventures (the third kind of fell apart after we lost most of the posts in the major server crash of a year ago). I have also played in a few PbP games. I could play whatever class the party has need of. I am in the Central time zone.

Thanks,

Vig

Skylark

First Post
Thanks for your interest Vigwyn. I'll make sure to keep you on list as the first alternate.

Coramond, I'm not too sure about the Assassin. I got rid of the Barbarian as a PC since they tend to attack comrades, which in an adventure like ToEE could lead to a TPK. The Assassin just seems so 'evil', and while Greyhawk, as a campaign is NOT about the valiant forces of Good and Evil battling, with Good winning over the Evil by fiat (Forgotten Realms, folks), it is about more self-interested folks. Good people unite, but they don't neccesarily win just because they are Good. I mean, you can substitute Rogue for Assassin, and what are you missing, really? Death Attack?

I know I don't want to go all Live-Action RP here, but can you tell me why your character is an Assassin/Monk/Wizard? Why hunt wizards? You are first level, so you can't have much of a history of doing so. I'm going to re-read Assassin. If you can give me a heroic reason for this character to exist, I may allow it, but it needs to be heroic. I want to avoid evil or self-serving characters.

On that point, one thing I know crops up in PbP games in intraparty fighting. It happens for two primary reasons, none of which have anything to do with not being able to stand the other player.

#1 - PbP games are slow. It is the nature of the beast. When you wait for people to post, you often pick fights to make things interesting. It has the effect of riling up the other person, so that they respond quickly, relieving your wait, and encouraging you to repeat the offending behavior.

#2 - Your party members are the once you are most familiar with. You know them, they know you, familiarity breeds contempt, and since they are always nearby, they are obvious targets. Plus you know they are not going to automatically pwn you, unlike the mysterious guy in the corner.

PLEASE, don't let this happen. This is why I wanted to focus on heroics. Yes, the Fellowship of the Ring bickered, but they largely did not, and got along. You can avoid Cumbayah (sp?), but also avoid MTVs Real World!

Remove ads