• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Castles & Crusades-Open for Wait List] Skylark's The Temple of Elemental Evil (T1-4)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Here are my stats, or at least what I'm thinking I'll go for:

Strength: 15 [Prime?]
Intelligence: 12
Wisdom: 15 [Prime]
Dexterity: 16 [Prime]
Constitution: 12
Charisma: 8 (might switch with strength)

Skylark, my CnC books are still with the moving company (just moved to Reno). Can you remind me what advantages/disadvantages there are between elves, humans, half-elves, and halflings in the game, specifically for a rogue.

Here is my link, and I hope it's ok that I put it here instead of in an e-mail:
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=818743

Skylark

First Post
Deuce Traveler said:
Charisma: 8 (might switch with strength)

Skylark, my CnC books are still with the moving company (just moved to Reno). Can you remind me what advantages/disadvantages there are between elves, humans, half-elves, and halflings in the game, specifically for a rogue.
[/url]

Oops, remember, you can't switch values around, keep the order the dice were rolled in!

As far as this information, I'll post it a bit later tonight when I have time. The big advantage for humans is the extra prime.

the_myth

First Post
Avadne Cyntalanthe
Female Elf Wizard / Cleric of Ehlonna
Neutral Good
S 13
I 16 (Prime)
W 15 (Prime)
D 15 +1 (adjustment for elf)= 16
C 11 -1 (adjustment for elf)= 10
Ch 15
Http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=819651

Born and raised in an elven community near Verbobonc, Avadne Cyntalanthe has grown bored with life in the village. On a lark, she’s packed up a few necessities and set out to explore the world. Avadne’s parents participated in the overthrow of the Temple of Elemental Evil and, despite the fact that the Temple was *just* overthrown a decade ago, she has decided to meet with some friends in the nearby village of Hommlet to investigate rumors of a rising evil in the area. After all, they may have need of her magical talents, and it would be a shame for them to die prematurely.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Oooh... this is scary since my rolls were horrible. One of my best stats would be as follows:

N Halfling
Str: 13
Int: 9
Wis: 4
Dex: 16 (Prime)
Con: 15 (Prime)
Cha: 10

Another is:

N Human
Str: 14 (Prime)
Int: 10
Wis: 7
Dex: 16 (Prime)
Con: 14 (Prime)
Cha: 7

Last edited:

Skylark

First Post
Deuce Traveler said:

Look at the C&C cheat sheet posted earlier: goreanmale.homestead.com/files/cnc/cnccheatsheet.pdf

It summarizes all of that info nicely. Personally, I think Elf gets a +2 Listen that the others do not get, so Elf would work. Another human would be cool, since you get better saves in a prime, but really, just pick a race that you think is cool and you would like to play!

Skylark

First Post
Okay, we have:

Elf Wizard/Cleric
Human Fighter
Human/Halfling Rogue
Human Bard
Human Assassin/Illusionist/Monk

We're waiting for Rhuvein.

Coramonde, okay, Assassins do not have to be evil as per the book. Why don't you post here your reasons for your unusual combo, and we can comment on it if you like.

Everyone, decide on your Alignment, quick roleplaying hook (if not already done), brief description of appearance, and your equipment. Assume you have the maximum amount of gold for your wealthiest class. Cash and equipment can be found on the cheat sheet.

A few notes on house rules:
#1 - The spells Wish and Limited Wish are not available. The Suel, and possibly others, possessed arcane knowledge of this potency, but modern wizards are sadly of diminished stature, for all of their ability. While these spells may be found in rare and coveted magical items such as scrolls or rings, or utilized from bound or summoned creatures such as iffrit or djinn, they are not part and parcel of magical knowledge anymore.

#2 - Some melee weapons may substitute Dex when striking in melee instead of Str, such as daggers, short swords, rapiers, and similar light, one handed weapons. This is optional. A wielder can always use Str instead, as normal. When in doubt, ask me.

#3 - Experience is given out when goals are accomplished, monsters defeated, and treasure hauled. Using class abilities also results in experience awards. Leveling up requires a bit of training and time.

I'd like to start on Monday. I need to restructure my web page to reflect any documents I want to make available to you folks, so I will post the URL when I am finished.

the_myth

First Post
Skylark said:
Everyone, decide on your Alignment, quick roleplaying hook (if not already done), brief description of appearance, and your equipment. Assume you have the maximum amount of gold for your wealthiest class. Cash and equipment can be found on the cheat sheet.

Should we tally up the Encumbrance for our characters? If so, how much does a Spellbook weigh? And what's its EV?

Should we buy Iron Rations?

Remove ads