(Casual D&D III) The Man in Black

wings

First Post
Greets

Aerda busies himself to lighting his pipe, giving Raven's hand a firm a shake as he can, which isnt very firm at all. "I was there, yes. A point in his defense; it was we who recognized him..."

Astrule made some soft chitterings, and with a nod Aerda shrugged the bird off his shoulder casually. The bird takes quick flight, over the heads of patrons and gliding vertically through the space of the door and the bulk of an entering customer (who in surprise presses himself to the door frame).

Placing the pipe between his teeth, he lounges back in his chair, propping a leg over the armrest. He watches as Oliver rambles himself down and up the stairs, sniffling the whole way.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Shavah shrugs, becoming visibly embarrassed as Aerda overhears. "'Bad omen' was a bad choice of words... Forgive me. I was merely commenting on your, ah, demeanor." She clenches her whole face, it seems. "We've been short on levity for a while now, understand. You came in a bit too soon and reminded us all that we had to get back to work... And that our work was serious. My apologies, though..."

She seems eager enough to go get armor tended, as well -- a chance to get out of this increasingly awkward situation.

Fendric: As far as your suspicions about her and Hiritus' behavior... Can't be certain from the look of it alone, but it could definitely explain their behavior.

Before too much more discussion can be had on Exantrius, his letters, his ring or his intentions, Aerda recieves his drink, tall, shimmering... Looking down into it, he can see the shape of a key, refracted through the water from beneath the glass. It's a small, bright, silvery thing, with a small symbol inscribed on its head: A constellation of overlapping overlapping, too many and small to count, but describing a clear spiral patterns, of sorts...

The same insignia appears on a small plaque marking a door along the far wall -- one of many which, when this room was a gambling hall the night before, had seen the passage of many a wealthy-looking man, to and from purposes unknown. They have fallen into disuse in the late morning, so far.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Argh...wasn't subscribed to this one (III). My online presence has been a bit lax as-of-late, though that is changing right now. Welcome back Wings.
Spot total is 17

IG

'Aerda you old rascal. and the good Sir Astrule I see as well! Ah, things are lookin' up my Fellows, we have a Wizard among our ranks again.
I should think that the forces of Darkness will just pack up their gearand shuffle off, if they know what's good for them.'

Niccolo cheerily hums a tune, a bit too loud it seems. It is almost as if he is trying to annoy those with a hangover...

Off-Topic(sorry): Drinking Contest posted in Haunted Halls of Stronepike...hehehe

Last edited:

wings

First Post
The Key

Aerda grins at Niccolo, performing a slight bow and flourish of hand. "If only that was so."

Shavah gave her explanation, and while she became more and more awkward, Aerda's painted grin never twitched. "I hate to think I broke the mood of levity," he says, "But indeed it is a serious and present task that we persue. While I may not have faced the same hardships you all have, wrestling with the evil artefact and the solitary trip o'er the mountains took their toll on me as well."

Taking up the glass his eyes widen slightly as he notices the key glimmering under the surface of the clear liquid. Slipping his first two fingers in the glass he retreives the key, and sliding it against his palm. Standing he motioned for those still near to follow him.

Moving across the room he found a cloth with which to dry his hands and the key, and then continued to the plaque-marked door. Pushing the key into the lock of the door, and clearing the tumblers with a deft twist of the wrist he pushes it wide enough to admit his frame and motioned the others in with him.

dpdx

Explorer
Fendric got up as Aerda motioned them to follow. As Aerda passed through the door, Fendric followed immediately behind.

"We could certainly use a change of luck as of late, Pelor Willing."

[Fendric is dressed for the day - chain shirt armor, mantle on top, flail holstered to a belt-loop. And of course, silver holy symbol around his neck.]

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
dpdx said:
[Fendric is dressed for the day - chain shirt armor, mantle on top, flail holstered to a belt-loop. And of course, silver holy symbol around his neck.]
"Good to see you dressed up and ready to smite evrything that's in our way. " Raven sais looking at Fendrick and smiling. "That means I've at least got one whom I know isn't too hung-over to watch my back when things get rough."
Lowering his voice a bit.
"Anyway, what I said last night about a man needing to know who he is, I didn't just say it because I was drunk, I mean it."
And, as much to his friends as to Fendrick, he says
"So, you wanna come with us to an armourer or a weaponsmith, after whatever it is that's in there? I figure that" and a twinkle appears in his eye "if he rips you off hard enough, I might get a better deal." Big grin "We'll have to see if we can get you some better armour. We'll probably need it in the next few days, if I know our luck."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Nurthk finishes his meal and wipes the corners of his mouth. He gets up in time to follow the others to the door in question.

"So what exactly is going on?" he asks, noticing Aerda unlock the door and head through.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
The door opens slowly, revealing a small windowless room of well-varnished wood, at the center of which stands a well-varnished table, behind which sits a well-travelled man...

"Come in," he invites. "Come in."

He is dressed in black from throat to glove; a black hat, long-brimmed and pompous, sits on the table before him. He is bald from crown to chin, although the candlelight reveals the blond ends of stubble; intentionally bald, but not keeping up on it well.

"Won't you sit down? And close the door behind you, please."

He seems to address Aerda, mostly... Thin lips, long nose, long lines through the cheeks. And blue eyes: Eyes so blue, if you look too close, you'd swear there were clouds...

"Now," he says, as everyone assembles -- there are only three seats, situated across from him, one with proportioned clearly for someone of Niccolo's stature... For the rest, there is only standing room, but enough of it. "I think it's best we take turns telling each other everything we know, if we think it may be relevant."

He grins, as though he's proposed an absolutely jolly game.

"So let me get started..." He thinks, trying to decide what to lay on you first... But he gives the impression as well that it's all for show, and that he's thought long about this already. "Ah, yes: The ring that Aerda buried has taken a wild little journey, and should be arriving in town sometime this evening or tomorrow morning, on the hand of a redheaded idiot from a village the foot of these mountains. You probably want to be somewhere else by the then... But let me ask, what have you all seen and done since parting paths with the young bird?"

Sparky

Oliver senses the gravity of the situation, but isn't sure what's happening and decides to buy some time. Sniffing an increasingly runny nose he says feigning sincerity, "Winkle? I just fed him his breakfast. And since then I haven't done much, but come down here with my armor to take for repairs." He pats a bundle under his arm with a gnarled, knobby and grimly-tattooed hand.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Nurthk's eyes narrow suspiciously at the man in black, he opens his mouth to speak sternly with him, try to get some clarification on what he means by 'young bird', but Oliver gets the first word in. Nurthk keeps his mouth shut and waits for a better moment to vent.

Remove ads