(Casual D&D V) The Tourne

Sparky

"The Farlund, eh? A private room sounds nice. We might rent one for dinner... at the eigth bell. Eighth bell sound good to you lot?" He looks at his companions and back to Arrich. We are NOT staying there.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
"Excellent," Arrich replies. "I will send word to you there when a meeting which satisfies your bond can be arranged. You can find me here if you need me. Rest well!"

Arrich bids you off with a hearty wave, his face clenched in a very deliberate smile.

G

Guest 11456

Cylantro : Female Human

Once Arrich is gone, Cylantro turns to the others with a smile. "Shall we find lodging then? I for one am ready for a bit of relaxation. Something about that whole experience back there has worn me out." As if on cue Ginger stretches and yawns.

hellrazor111

First Post
Hmm, he seems a bit strange to me says Cray with a strech. Hey Hiritus, as a palidan you've been trained to sniff out evil right? Did he have the stench of it on him?

Festy_Dog

First Post
Nurthk grunts, "As much as I'm infuriated with delays when we're so close to completing this thing, it doesn't feel right unless we're delivering it into the hands of the intended recipient."

He runs a hand through his hair as he hears Cray pose a question to Hiritus.

"Evil? I didn't notice anything odd, just unnecessary bureaucracy and bad music. Something in there get your hair on end, Cray?"

Sparky

Oliver scowls at the mention of 'evil.' He snorts, "I don't know about any of that, but there's definitely something strange going on with this Arrich fellow."

"Well, not knowing where else to go, should we send for our mounts and go to this Farlund?"

Sparky

Oliver glowers at the group. "Now you don't have anything to say?"

You'd think, this close to finishing, there wouldn't be any keeping them quiet, but no... like a bunch of statues. Oliver rubs at the old tattoo on his hand and winces at the ache in his bones. Gods, I hope we are close to finishing.

Grumbling to himself Oliver heads off to the estate they'd left their various animals at and keeps a sharp lookout behind for any sort of tail. He's relatively certain no one has followed the Fellowship.

OOC:
Spot: 10

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Returning to Koehl's family estate, you find the remaining Crownsmen somewhat anxious for news. Perhaps sensing your frustration, Koehl extends an offer for you to stay there for as long as is needed to sort out the situation.

"The Crest can be difficult, and overly-protective of themselves," he explains. "What balances on blade's edge is at the heart of it, I measure. Paranoia may be their birthright."

Sparky

Oliver slumps into a chair with a grunt while household attendants see to the gathering of the animals. He rubs at his temples, "That seems dead on." He raises his head, "Do you know anything about the Crest's functionaries? One in particular, Sir Arrich. He had a decidedly... strange air about him."

dpdx

Explorer
Hmm, he seems a bit strange to me says Cray with a strech. Hey Hiritus, as a palidan you've been trained to sniff out evil right? Did he have the stench of it on him?

Nurthk grunts, "As much as I'm infuriated with delays when we're so close to completing this thing, it doesn't feel right unless we're delivering it into the hands of the intended recipient."

He runs a hand through his hair as he hears Cray pose a question to Hiritus.

"Evil? I didn't notice anything odd, just unnecessary bureaucracy and bad music. Something in there get your hair on end, Cray?"

Oliver scowls at the mention of 'evil.' He snorts, "I don't know about any of that, but there's definitely something strange going on with this Arrich fellow."

Hiritus looked thoughtfully at his friends as they conversed, while Fendric gritted his teeth, still irritated that the bureaucracy was preventing their mission from being over.

"No, the boy is right, however crude - the whole room was tainted, and Sir Arrich carried some, too. I didn't want to draw attention to it until we were clear - for all we know, that whole castle is either defiled, or in thrall."

Fendric seemed to be struggling with something internally - the evil in the room unsettled him, but it wasn't that. Finally, he spoke:

"If I knew for certain that Sir Rienne Vaustus had control of his own faculties, I might possibly Send to him notice that we bear his letter. Apart from that, May the Light Show Us a Way, I know not how to deliver this letter.

I apologize to you all for my own unfamiliarity with stealth and subterfuge, and I understand that it was this that prevented us from rescuing Father Premule straightaway. Perhaps I could be of use away from anyone who might wish to infiltrate the castle to find Sir Rienne.

However, I am tired, and possibly confused, so perhaps my attempts at planning are best left for another time. I would seek the advice of the Koehl family.
"

---

Guilt Puppy said:
Returning to Koehl's family estate, you find the remaining Crownsmen somewhat anxious for news. Perhaps sensing your frustration, Koehl extends an offer for you to stay there for as long as is needed to sort out the situation.

"The Crest can be difficult, and overly-protective of themselves," he explains. "What balances on blade's edge is at the heart of it, I measure. Paranoia may be their birthright."
Hiritus waits for an opportune moment to take Koehl aside, then asks him:
"Has it always been that way? Not that I expect to be shown straight in to Sir Rienne, but that experience was like descending into undeath."

Remove ads