(Casual D&D V) The Tourne

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Hiritus said:
"Has it always been that way? Not that I expect to be shown straight in to Sir Rienne, but that experience was like descending into undeath."

Koehl grins a bit. "If the kingdoms were at peace your welcome might have been a bit easier, but no, hospitality has never been their strong point."

He pauses for a moment, twisting his lips pensively.

"But they're not really that bad - the way you tell it, I think you may have just met with a particularly hard one. I'm sorry for your bad luck, anycase." His jaw flexes briefly, and he flashes an embarrassed smirk before correcting himself. "In any case."

Sparky

"Ah, so, our reception wasn't entirely out of order." He scratches his head. "I'm going to await word at The Farlund. Alone." He glowers at the rest of the group, "This is my area of expertise. I know where to find you. Plus... how much notice could an old man with a donkey and an owl attract?"

Pursing his lips he considers the owl sitting sullenly in its cage. "Do you know anyone who could care for Winkle? I am rather loathe to cart him around in that cage any longer, now that he's got his wings."

Thanking Koehl for his hospitality, the old rogue grins and clasps Koehl's arm. "I don't know what will happen after we deliver this last missive, but I'm glad we fell in together, Koehl."

Oliver heads to the stables, mounts Whistler and takes Bastrop's lead from the stablehand. He tips the groom a silver and heads out alone across the city.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Sparky said:
"Do you know anyone who could care for Winkle? I am rather loathe to cart him around in that cage any longer, now that he's got his wings."

"I've trained an animal or two in my time," Nurthk volunteers, "Admittedly, they were dogs, but I'm pretty sure I could do right by a winged predator like Winkle."

Nurthk gives a small gesture as Oliver leaves, half-wave, half-salute, "There'll be a drink waiting for you when you find us."

G

Guest 11456

Cylantro : Female Human

Cylantro thinks for a moment. "Well! It seems like we will have some down time. It will give me time to study my spells. I have a few that I've been working on. I almost have them worked out. Perhaps I can finish them up while we wait." She pulls out her spellbook and leafs through it.

OOC: Near a new level so I thought I would simulate the learning of her two new spells in game, instead of her just suddenly having them at the new level.

hellrazor111

First Post
See you friend, come back to us! he says to Oliver with a wave and smile before sitting down. Boo climbs out from some position and runs around on Cray's enormous chest. Cray can be seen whispering to it.

Sparky

Oliver rides slowly across the city. The great fortress bulks in the distance, waiting for him at the turning of every corner, crouched, watching with countless empty eyes, waiting to swallow him again with its stony throat.

In time he comes to the Farlund. He gives the groom a half-silver as he dismounts with a grunt, handing the reins over idly, though his eyes are keen on the young man's hands and way with the animals. Satisfied, he leaves Whistler and Bastrop to the man's care.

He pauses in the doorway, his gnarled, tattooed hand looking all at once strange to him as it rests on the alehouse door. It's the hand of some old man. Not his hand. He shakes off the feeling and takes a deep breath, pushing the door open and enters.

OOC: Goal is to make arrangements for a private room and dinner at the eighth bell. Dinner for two.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Following the crestman's directions, Oliver passes through the assortment of fine boutiques & restaurants that comprise the city's Northern district. It is a slight uphill climb the whole way; looking back much of Perlech is visible. The Farlund itself lies at the very edge of town, a grassy estate locked behind a tall iron gate. Presenting Arrich's writ is all it takes to be granted entrance by the two young men (boys, really) who watch the gate.

What seems to be the main structure sits atop a tiered garden a short distance from the gate. It is tall and made of pale stone, looking more like a temple than an inn. The stables are off to the right from the entrance, near a path which leads to the Northbound road.

From there it is a short climb up the steps to the main building. Coming through the gardens Oliver passes by two guests, easterners dressed in casual ornamentation, seated around a light meal. Their conversation stops suddenly as their attention is drawn to the visage of the well-travelled old lutist, their gaze carrying curiosity more than suspicion.

Beyond the tall doors is a small receiving room, to the right of which is a long, wide lounge. There a row of massive windows let in light through the angled ceiling, giving the room even on this overcast day a sense of lightness. The sound of a string section somewhere around the corner only enhances the effect. The room is only lightly populated: Three older men in the now-familiar tunic of the Crown; a small contingent of elves garbed in the ostentatious thread of Sanadun; and a lone white-haired heavily-bejeweled dwarf near the entryway. All regard Oliver with a peculiar interest.

A young woman meets Oliver - a girl, really. Looking into the lounge, the servers there are all also young; the oldest attendants here were the boys at the gate, and even they couldn't have been older than sixteen. Fifteen, more likely.

Upon seeing Arrich's writ, the young hostess smiles amiably. "And where should you like to stay, sir? We have suites in the rise if you'll be in the city much, and cottages out in the wood if you'd like a bit more privacy."

Sparky

I should really get some new clothes. Oliver pats at his careworn duds and puffs of dust tickle his nose. And a shave couldn't hurt. He grips his jaw thoughtfully.

"Good day to you, miss. Are the cottages very far?"

The old man's grizzled and vaguely sinister face crinkles into a grin.

Sparky

He nods at the young woman, "Just the one." He looks off in the direction of the stables, "If they have stalls, would you have the groom bring my animals out?"

Remove ads