Catastrophe!

The Kruthik next to Ignatz drops...hard.

[sblock=KW9]

KW9 - DEAD...VERY DEAD!

Click [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LDJzksLB_0"]HERE[/ame] for an idea of what this might look like at the end of the battle... fast forward to 4 minutes and 35 seconds ;)

watch

[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
As claws fail around the Cursed One harmlessly as the artificer's power washes over him, the tide of battle now completely turned in their favour, another kruthik falling to the barbarian's hungry blade, he can't help but wonder aloud: "Is my luck changing? You have fallen strangely silent spirits" A laugh tinged with unhealthy bubbling in his throat he challenges the final creature to stand and die. "Stare into the Sun!"

He brings his blade whistling down towards its back. Desperately the kruthik attempts to duck under the blow, but the blade lightly makes contact causing a flash of blue flame forge in the dark power of the warlock's curse which defy the scrabbling creatures legs pushing it away from the Cursed One towards the barbarian's blade which beckons death. Eyes closed, blade raised and glowing crimson, the Cursed One backs away, slowly, methodically, as if playing out a battle maneuvre well rehearsed, all the while whispering a prayer to the Sun. When he stands behind Dina, his eyes snap open fixed upon the Kruthik and he roars: "Step into the Light!"

[sblock=Actions] Minor: Divine Challenge on KW5
Standard: Eldritch Strike on KW5: Slide 1 to F3
Move: to J3 [/sblock]

[sblock=The Cursed One]
PC:The Cursed One
Human Hybrid Paladin | Warlock 1
Passive Perception/Insight 9
AC:18, Fort:15, Reflex:14, Will:15, Speed:5
HP:22/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter):

Conditions

Powers
MBA: Eldritch Strike +8 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage

Divine Challenge: KWR
Warlock's Curse: KW5
Eldritch Strike, Ardent Strike, Dire Radiance

Blade of Crimson:
Valorous Smite: USED
Second Wind

Crown of Stars:
Fullblade of Defense:

Combat notes: Fullblade of Defense: Resist 1 vs All dmg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: @jbear , will you do me a favor and slide the kruthik... anywhere but F3? H3 or G3 would be better. I like to charge, and I can't charge if you move my target adjacent to me.

People keep offering him prey, and who is Ignatz to refuse them? Ignatz backs up and then leaps at the last kruthik, laughing manically as his weapon splits chitin like wood and then buries itself deep in the rocky soil underfoot.

[sblock=Actions]Move: ->C3
Standard: Charge->F2 or G4 (if @jbear alters his slide to H3 or G3, respectively), Howling Strike HITS K5 AC 30[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 3
Initiative: 18, Passive perception: 18, Passive Insight: 12
AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:15 Will:12
HP: 35/42 Bloodied: 21 Surge value: 10 Surges/day: 10/10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +8 vs AC, 2d6+8 brutal 1 (Bite: +9 vs AC, 1d8+6)
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike, Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury, Brutal Slam Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

And then all was silent save for the heavy breathing that accompanies a very violent, short battle. Still early, the adventurers are rewarded for their efforts with a sky of orange and pink as the sun rising slightly higher than the horizon, washing them with the light of day and allowing them to reflect upon their actions over the last few days.

[sblock=Battle 1: Kruthik Workers]
And that's a wraps on Battle 1! Great job all. I'm definitely going to need to step up my game if I'm going to challenge you guys, but now that I know how you all work, that shouldn't be too difficult to tweak my tactics :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rewards (JUDGE APPROVAL NEEDED)]

Up to this point the adventurer's have completed two challenges (1 skill challenge and one battle) and have earned 2805 xp (561 xp each). This has been recorded in Post 1 on Page 1 of this adventure. Slated ETA for Time XP/Gold is at the end of your third battle. Keep up the good team work and that will be in no time flat!

JUDGE: Please approve all current rewards I have given to this group listed in Post #1 of this adventure listed under "Current Wealth Levels" and "Completed Challenges and XP". [/sblock]

[sblock=TCO]

@jbear : Please level TCO to level 3 (you may want to copy/paste TCO's character sheet into a new temporary one for level 3 in case something happens and you have to revert back to lvl 1 plus whatever XP you earn here [which should be level two shortly] and let me know when you are done so that I can approve all of your changes, then we can keep this adventure rolling! Don't forget about the XP debt (-2250 before xp earned above, for a total debt of -1689).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
Corragan shifts back to his natural form, leans against a rock and slides down it to sit. "Phew!" he sighs, "That was not what I needed after climbing a cliff face!" He pants as he catches his breath.

He looks up at Dina, "Is the ring still pulling that way, or are we close enough that there's some change?" he asks.

Corragan takes a long swig from his waterskin, soothing his parched throat, then dampens some cloths and wraps them tight around the newest scratches on his body. Finally, he pushes the butt of his spear into the ground and forces himself to his feet. He looks up at the sky to judge the weather, and make sure they have plenty of light left to continue their journey.

OOC:
Corragan spends a healing surge to heal to full hit points, leaving him 6/7 surges remaining.
@CrimsonFlameWielder Just to confirm - Since that's the second challenge I assume that's a milestone and we gain an action point?

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=Battle 1: Kruthik Workers]
And that's a wraps on Battle 1! Great job all. I'm definitely going to need to step up my game if I'm going to challenge you guys, but now that I know how you all work, that shouldn't be too difficult to tweak my tactics :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Encounter 1]Not sure about everyone else, but having nearly TPK'd a party that I ran through a similar encounter, I did try to go in with "guns" blazing. So this may not be indicative of how I handle a typical encounter. But yeah, for this adventure most of the players just finished an adventure together, so we know our abilities fairly well.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rewards (JUDGE APPROVAL NEEDED)]

Up to this point the adventurer's have completed two challenges (1 skill challenge and one battle) and have earned 2805 xp (561 xp each). This has been recorded in Post 1 on Page 1 of this adventure. Slated ETA for Time XP/Gold is at the end of your third battle. Keep up the good team work and that will be in no time flat!

JUDGE: Please approve all current rewards I have given to this group listed in Post #1 of this adventure listed under "Current Wealth Levels" and "Completed Challenges and XP". [/sblock]

[sblock=Level Ups?]That reward puts Dina at 3402 XP, 348 XP from level 4, so likely one more encounter to cross that goal. Will you be having us level up immediately, at an extended rest or at the end of the adventure?[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
The Deva does not allow herself to much time to fret over her scratches. She knew they weren't that bad. "Come on Dina, on your feet!"

Inspiring Word (1d6=5)

OOC: Dina spends a healing surge 6/7 remaining and is fully healed.

Feeling better she does allow herself to catch her breath before presenting her expended infusion to the group.

"All right then, who'll do the honors this time?"

Once that bit of business is taken care of, Dina concentrates on the pull of the ring again.

Arcana (1d20+14=20)

Remove ads