Catastrophe!

jbear

First Post
[sblock=ooc] OOC: Link to Temporary TCO: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:The_CursedOne_(Temporary_lvl_3)
Note regarding Wishlists: TCO has multi classed into Assassin so his Fullblade is now his implement, so scratch that from my wishlist; problem solved. So, whatever tickles your fancy CFW :)

[MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION] Sorry, I hadn't taken into account that you wouldn't appreciate having an enemy pushed in close to you. I won't do that again, but feel free to have Ignatz tell TCO as well :)

TCO spends 1 HSurge taking him to full.
[/sblock]

The Cursed One cleans his blade, taking out a cloth and then and whetstone and honing the edge slowly, almost lovingly as he whispers a prayer to himself while he catches his breath and calms his nerves.

He gazes at the sun for a moment,and those watching in that instance see a radiant aura surround him briefly. Or perhaps it was the trick of the light. But there is no mistaking that their is a new glow in the man's eyes. Madness or perhaps joy at the brushing of some divine power?

A few minutes later he walks over to the kruthik nest and stares down into the dark tunnels. He looks towards the ringbearer.

"So ... is this the hive where we must bow?"

[sblock=The Cursed One]

Human Hybrid Paladin | Warlock 3 (temporary)
Passive Perception/Insight 10
AC:19, Fort:16, Reflex:15, Will:16, Speed:5
HP:39/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:10/11
Initiative +2
Action Points: 2 (encounter):

Conditions

Powers
MBA: Eldritch Strike +9 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage

Divine Challenge:
Warlock's Curse:
Eldritch Strike, Ardent Strike, Dire Radiance

Blade of Crimson:
Valorous Smite:
Otherwind Stride:
Asassin's Shroud: 2/2 uses left
Second Wind

Crown of Stars:
Bless Weapon:
Fullblade of Defense:

Combat notes: Fullblade of Defense: Resist 1 vs All dmg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=ooc] OOC: Link to Temporary TCO: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:The_CursedOne_(Temporary_lvl_3)
Note regarding Wishlists: TCO has multi classed into Assassin so his Fullblade is now his implement, so scratch that from my wishlist; problem solved. So, whatever tickles your fancy CFW :)[/sblock]

[sblock=Problem with Shadow Initiate]The multiclass assassin feats were updated so that you only get to use ki foci as implements, not weapons. So you still need an implement. Or, since you are an arcane character, you could take Arcane Implement Proficiency (Heavy Blade).

"You gain training in the Stealth skill. Twice per encounter, you can use the assassin’s shroud power. In addition, you can wield ki focuses."[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] [sblock=OOC] Ergh ... that bites ... was that in the last update (or a recent one) was it? any chance of a link so i can take a looksy (not that I doubt you are wrong, just like to read the explanation) Cheers.

SO hold the fort on that one then, may need to look at this and alter lvl 2 feat

Edit: Hmmm ...my reference in the old builder refers to the feat as Dragon Magazine 382 and 379, both of which I have checked in the errata, but I'm not seein anything. Where did this change come out? Heroes of Shadow? Nor seeing anything in the errata there either.

Edit: Found it.On the very last page there is a reference to implements and in brackets next to Shadow Initiate it says Ki focus only. I'll have a rethink, and readjust at some other time. I'm sure I'll have it sorted before it matters. [/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] Heh, Ignatz would never go out of his way to talk tactics IC. As far as IC goes it's up to you to notice that Ignatz likes to attack at a run, or Dina to tell you. Obviously in this last round it didn't make a difference either way. Oh, and you should probably donate a surge to Sha'kar to recharge an infusion. Corragan doesn't have many surges.

Ignatz spends a surge to get full hp and then donates a second surge to Dina.

Feeling better she does allow herself to catch her breath before presenting her expended infusion to the group.

"All right then, who'll do the honors this time?"

"Hy ken do it!" Ignatz approaches Dina, distracted with the task of picking out pieces of bug gore stuck to his arm hair and his sleeve and popping them in his mouth. He finds a particularly big chunk and holds it out to Dina. "Hyu vant vun? Dey'z verrah gut!"

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar focuses for a moment, and his wounds vanish before his companions eyes. He walks over to where Ignatz is eating bug parts off of Dina and motions at the barbarian's weapon. "May I?" he asks, then lays a hand on the weapon and infuses with with arcane power, causing glowing symbols to appear along it's length. He looks around. "Who wants to help me recharge my infusion?"
OOC: 1 healing surge to return to full hp, need 1 surge from someone to recharge my infusion (or I can always do it myself, since I have 9 more, but TCO is at 10, so doens't hurt to ask :))

Ignatz gets Augment Energy on his weapon, +2 to one attack, can be used after the attack is already rolled.

FYI, now that we actually have magic items, I also have Impart energy, which allows me to recharge a daily magic item. (I get 1 arcane empowerment - augment energy or impart energy - per day, plus one per milestone)

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION], since TCO marks things and you're Voidsoul you might be the best donor. Thanks for the augment! Also the bug bits were on me, not Dina. ;)

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION], since TCO marks things and you're Voidsoul you might be the best donor. Thanks for the augment! Also the bug bits were on me, not Dina. ;)
OOC: Yah, guess that works. So i'll spend another surge to recharge my infusion.
[sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 18, Fort: 16, Reflex: 15, Will: 15
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 40/40, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges Left: 8/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +3 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +4 vs AC - Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1: 1d8+1

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, Shocking Feedback, Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula, Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil, Restorative Infusion
Item: Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (Encounter), Warmage's Uniform Leather Armor +1 (Daily), Alchemist's Fire (0/0), Tethercord (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 - 1d8+1 (Equipped)
Current magazine: 7 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 13

Conditions:

Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +2 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]

[sblock=Level Ups?]That reward puts Dina at 3402 XP, 348 XP from level 4, so likely one more encounter to cross that goal. Will you be having us level up immediately, at an extended rest or at the end of the adventure?[/sblock]
OOC: I want you guys to level as much as you do! As such, I will be allowing you guys to level up the moment that JUDGE APPROVED experience has brought your XP total up to or beyond a level limit (ie. 1000 xp for lvl 2, 2250 xp for lvl 3, 3750 xp for lvl 4, 5500xp for lvl 5, etc)!

Corragan shifts back to his natural form, leans against a rock and slides down it to sit. "Phew!" he sighs, "That was not what I needed after climbing a cliff face!" He pants as he catches his breath.

He looks up at Dina, "Is the ring still pulling that way, or are we close enough that there's some change?" he asks.

Corragan takes a long swig from his waterskin, soothing his parched throat, then dampens some cloths and wraps them tight around the newest scratches on his body. Finally, he pushes the butt of his spear into the ground and forces himself to his feet. He looks up at the sky to judge the weather, and make sure they have plenty of light left to continue their journey.

OOC:
Corragan spends a healing surge to heal to full hit points, leaving him 6/7 surges remaining.
@CrimsonFlameWielder Just to confirm - Since that's the second challenge I assume that's a milestone and we gain an action point?

The Deva does not allow herself to much time to fret over her scratches. She knew they weren't that bad. "Come on Dina, on your feet!"

Inspiring Word (1d6=5)

OOC: Dina spends a healing surge 6/7 remaining and is fully healed.

Feeling better she does allow herself to catch her breath before presenting her expended infusion to the group.

"All right then, who'll do the honors this time?"

Once that bit of business is taken care of, Dina concentrates on the pull of the ring again.

Arcana (1d20+14=20)

Concentrating on the ring and closing her eyes, Dina locks onto the devices magical signature. Dina's life-force and the energies powering the ring mesh wave-lengths and the deva's heartbeat suddenly synchronizes with the beating of the ring. Opening her now-glowing eyes Dina can see the Dragon's Whisper before her and below her. The vision stops after only a moment, but it gives definitive direction. The only thing stopping her from going straight to the Dragon's Whisper is that pesky little thing called the ground and her inability to burrow through it!

Seeing the direction that Dina was looking, it was not difficult for Corragan to determine that both the weather and the amount of light the sun was currently gifting them with would be of no concern...

Note regarding Wishlists: TCO has multi classed into Assassin so his Fullblade is now his implement, so scratch that from my wishlist; problem solved. So, whatever tickles your fancy CFW :)

@WEContact Sorry, I hadn't taken into account that you wouldn't appreciate having an enemy pushed in close to you. I won't do that again, but feel free to have Ignatz tell TCO as well :)

TCO spends 1 HSurge taking him to full.
[/sblock]

The Cursed One cleans his blade, taking out a cloth and then and whetstone and honing the edge slowly, almost lovingly as he whispers a prayer to himself while he catches his breath and calms his nerves.

He gazes at the sun for a moment,and those watching in that instance see a radiant aura surround him briefly. Or perhaps it was the trick of the light. But there is no mistaking that their is a new glow in the man's eyes. Madness or perhaps joy at the brushing of some divine power?

A few minutes later he walks over to the kruthik nest and stares down into the dark tunnels. He looks towards the ringbearer.

"So ... is this the hive where we must bow?"

[sblock=The Cursed One]

Human Hybrid Paladin | Warlock 3 (temporary)
Passive Perception/Insight 10
AC:19, Fort:16, Reflex:15, Will:16, Speed:5
HP:39/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:10/11
Initiative +2
Action Points: 2 (encounter):

Conditions

Powers
MBA: Eldritch Strike +9 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage

Divine Challenge:
Warlock's Curse:
Eldritch Strike, Ardent Strike, Dire Radiance

Blade of Crimson:
Valorous Smite:
Otherwind Stride:
Asassin's Shroud: 2/2 uses left
Second Wind

Crown of Stars:
Bless Weapon:
Fullblade of Defense:

Combat notes: Fullblade of Defense: Resist 1 vs All dmg
[/sblock]

OOC: Let me know when you have finalized TCO 3.0 ;)

[sblock=TCO - Perception check (hearing) DC 15]
You hear the faint sound of echoing scratches coming from the hole beneath you. The sound is reminiscent of steel or iron scraping against stone and earth. [/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I want you guys to level as much as you do! As such, I will be allowing you guys to level up the moment that JUDGE APPROVED experience has brought your XP total up to or beyond a level limit (ie. 1000 xp for lvl 2, 2250 xp for lvl 3, 3750 xp for lvl 4, 5500xp for lvl 5, etc)!

OOC: Hmm... In every adventure I've played, the judge only approves the awards at the conclusion of the adventure. Otherwise you take them as given during the adventure and run with it. (I've leveled up twice so far in one adventure and those awards were not judge approved.)

Remove ads