• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Catastrophe!

Medina

Explorer
Corragan heads over to join The Cursed One looking into the tunnels of the Kruthik nest. "A rope's a good idea," he says. "We might need to come back this way. Shame though, I was quite enjoying the fresh air."

Corragan looks around for somewhere to secure a rope and then turns to Ignatz. "Do you want to help lower us down on a rope and then follow on after us?" he asks. "You're strong enough to take the load - I'm sure I'm not. I'm happy to head in first and see what I can make out."

OOC: Peering into the gloom of the tunnels; passive perception 23 and low-light vision

The small hole is just large enough for one of you to fit in and climb down at a time. It is a slightly claustrophobic journey, as the earth seems to want to hug you as you descend, but after only twenty feet of easy climbing, you pick your way down, one at a time. When you touch the bottom, the light of Ignatz' sunrod illuminates a small, semi-circular chamber. The walls and ceiling are all hewn directly out of stone, and it is plainly obvious to those who's knowledge of nature extends beyond the mundane (passive Nature 15) that it is not a natural rock formation. Many scratch marks can be seen on the surface of rock. Leading from this chamber are three tunnels heading in roughly the same direction: east.

There are sounds of scratching and chittering that seems to come from all around you.

[sblock=Perception (hearing)/Dungeoneering Check DC 20]

It is not easy to decipher the pattern of echoes that are bouncing off of the walls and ceiling in all direction, but you manage to determine that the sounds are coming from the tunnels, and not really from all around you.

[sblock=DC 25]

Sound is coming from the left two tunnels, and the right most tunnel is silent.

[sblock=DC 30]

While sound is coming from the left two tunnels, the sound from the middle tunnel seems to be approaching you, and coming closer every second!

[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Medina

Explorer
Corragan gets to the bottom of the hole and crouches, quiet and listening intently.

As the others reach the bottom he gestures to the centre tunnel. "Something's coming," he whispers. "Nothing down the right that I can hear - we might be able to take cover and take it by suprise."

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz looks crestfallen at the lack of bats. He's glum until he hears the edge in Corragan's voice. Approaching danger. He grins, tosses the sunrod just into the mouth of the leftmost tunnel, and steps into the darkness in the righthand tunnel. His grin seems to glow in the dark as he beckons the others to hide along with him.

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar listens to the sounds coming from the middle and left tunnels for a moment, then moves off to the right to join Ignatz and wait to ambush the newcomer.

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
Sha'kar listens to the sounds coming from the middle and left tunnels for a moment, but is unable to tell which direction the creature is approaching from. He moves off to the right to join Ignatz and wait to ambush the newcomer.

OOC: Have an extra +1 Perception for Corragan's Group Awareness.

jbear

First Post
After scraping his way down the tight hole with some difficulty, the Cursed One reacts to his companions warnings, though he hears and sees nothing himself. He follows Ignatz's lead and steps back into the shadows, weapon drawn, ready for whatever approaches. Though he moves with a surprising grace, the natural bulk of his heavy armour does not lend itself to blend too well with the narrow tunnels.

Remove ads