• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Catastrophe!

OOC: I have already taken the extra psychic damage into account, but thanks for the reminder! You should be getting an update for the next round soon (today if possible)

OOC: I am SO sorry guys. This week has been ridiculous! I apologize profusely for the extreme delay here! I may have a bit of time today to work on this and I'll do my best to get you guys an update.

After Corragan blasted the area, it seems that most of the Queen's followers have scampered off underground and are still nowhere to be seen, though there is certainly a cacophony of ringing metal sounds as those creatures burrow through the stone floor.

Having only herself and an immobilized swarm of babies to take care of this rabble, the Queen charges straight at the most troublesome of the group, Corragan, who has decimated her babies! She barrels right into the druid and slices through his armor, leaving wide gashes in his chest. Rearing back her head, the massive kruthik spews out a large gout of acidic vomit that coats the entire area between Dina and Sha'kar,

[sblock=Actions]

KQ -
Move+Standard: Charges Corragan, hitting AC 25 and dealing 14 damage.
Action Point: Uses Acid Spray against:
Corragain: hits Fort 26, dealing 8 acid damage & ongoing 5 acid and weakened (Save ends both).
Sha'Kar: hits Fort 11, missing entirely.
Dina: hits Fort 14, dealing 8 acid damage & ongoing 5 acid and weakened (Save ends both).

Swarm:
Standard: Attempts to attack the illusion created by Dina, but fails miserably, as there is nothing to attack.

Others: Burrows in the ground, easily heard, but unseen.

Boris: Undamaged; Status: normal
Ignatz: 34/48 damage taken; Ongoing 5 acid & weakened (SEB)
Dina: 8/34 damage taken; Ongoing 5 acid & weakened (SEB)
Corragan: 28/38 damage taken; Ongoing 5 acid & weakened (SEB)
Sha'kar: 5/46 damage taken; Ongoing 5 acid & weakened (SEB)

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Catastrophe - B3 - Round 4.jpg
    Catastrophe - B3 - Round 4.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 111

Son of Meepo

First Post
Ignatz moves near the swarm before shifting through it, swinging at the group of creatures with his axe.

[sblock=actions]Start of Turn: 5 acid damage.
Move: R46
Standard: Pressing Strike (Shift to Q47 before the attack).
Pressing Strike (1d20+9+2=24, 4d6.minroll(2)+1d6+7=28) (HIT)

The swarm takes 28/2 (weakness) = 14/2 (resistance) = 7 damage.
Punishing Eye deals an additional 5 psychic damage.

End of Turn: Saving Throw (1d20=15) (SAVE)[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
If the swarm survived Ignatz's attack:

[sblock=actions (1)]Start of Turn: 5 acid damage.
Standard: Heal check to grant self a saving throw.
Minor: Phantasmal Henchman Attack.
Move: Move Punishing Eye (S52).[/sblock]

If the swarm did not survive Ignatz' attack:

[sblock=actions (2)]Start of Turn: 5 acid damage.
Standard: Heal check to grant self a saving throw.
Move: Move Phantasmal Henchman (T53).
Minor: Phantasmal Henchman Attack.[/sblock]

[sblock=Action Details]Heal (1d20+6=19) (SUCCESS)
Saving Throw (1d20=18) (SAVE)
Phantasmal Henchman Attack (1d20+7+2=16, 2d6+5=13) (HIT Swarm, MISS QUEEN)
If attacking Queen, use Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes to turn the miss into a hit.

If PH hits Swarm
Phantasmal Henchman deals 13/2 (resist) = 6 damage
Punishing Eye deals 5 psychic damage.

If PH hits Queen
Phantasmal henchman deals 13 psychic damage.

On hit target grants CA until end of next turn.[/sblock]

Medina

Explorer
KQ -
Move+Standard: Charges Corragan, hitting AC 25 and dealing 14 damage.
Action Point: Uses Acid Spray against:
Corragain: hits Fort 26, dealing 8 acid damage & ongoing 5 acid and weakened (Save ends both).
Sha'Kar: hits Fort 11, missing entirely.
Dina: hits Fort 14, dealing 8 acid damage & ongoing 5 acid and weakened (Save ends both).
[/sblock]

OOC: I have no issue with being charged, but I moved to R53 with my last turn (to try and spread out so we wouldn't have so many of us in a blast for an AoE). I think that should at least save the damage on Dina, unless it's a blast 6

Last edited:

jbear

First Post

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I have no issue with being charged, but I moved to R53 with my last turn (to try and spread out so we wouldn't have so many of us in a blast for an AoE). I think that should at least save the damage on Dina, unless it's a blast 6

That's a good point, but Dina followed you, moving to Q52 on her turn. So she may very well be in the blast still.

OOC: I don't know how, but I completely missed both of your guy's move actions. This has been corrected. And the attack that was against Sha'kar is transferred to Boris... which is also a miss and won't effect the outcome in any way!

Here is a picture of the current situation. We are currently waiting on Corragan, and Sha'kar, and then I will post an update.

Attachments

• Catastrophe - B3 - Round 4 (update).jpg
    Catastrophe - B3 - Round 4 (update).jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
As the queen charges Corrigan, Sha'kar quickly looses a bolt that buries itself in her side and throws her just slightly off balance, causing her attack to be less effective than it would have been otherwise.[sblock="actions"]Immediate Interrupt: Shocking Feedback. Trigger: Queen hits corrigan - hit queen for 16 damage and Corrigan gains 5 damage resistance until the end of Sha'kar's next turn (so prevents a few damage from the attack).[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +2, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 16, Will: 16
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 46/46, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 11, Surges Left: 4/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +5 vs AC - Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1: 1d8+1

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, [-]Shocking Feedback[/-], [-]Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture[/-], [-]Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula[/-], Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil, [-]Restorative Infusion[/-]
Item: Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (Encounter), Warmage's Uniform Leather Armor +1 (Daily), Alchemist's Fire (0/0), Tethercord (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 - 1d8+1 (Equipped)
Current magazine: 5 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 13

Conditions:

Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +4 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]
OOC: I'll post my actual turn after you update

Last edited:

Remove ads