Catwoman Movie (threads merged)

Acmite

First Post
jonrog1 writing Catwoman?

Here's the link: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2003-10/02/08.00.games

Does this mean there's hope for Catwoman yet?

jonrog1, if you see this....is there anything that you can tell us about it? From what I've read, the Catwoman movie has nothing to do with Batman or the Bat-universe (eg: Catwoman is not Selina Kyle). Was this because of the rights to the Catwoman v. Batman properties, or was this a creative decision?

Is it a straight-up action movie, or will it be a comic-book movie? Are we likely to see cameos?

Thanks!

Henry

Autoexreginated
Quoting from Piratecat's earlier post:

So, you guys may not realize it, but our own John Rogers (JonRog1, writer of The Core and Jackie Chan Adventures and some damn cool story hours) wrote an earlier treatment of the script. I believe they thanked him, paid him, and then changed it beyond recognition by giving it to the guys who wrote T3.

He'd have to tell us the details, though, and I'm not sure he can. Let's just say that I trust his judgment and comic-book sense more than I do that of a director who previously has only done visual effects.

and with that, I'll also merge the two, especially since it's still on the front page.

DanMcS

Explorer
Ranger REG said:
Not to sidetrack things here, but if there should be a Nick Fury movie, they should take their cue from the Ultimate line, and make him African-American.

Hah. I've really only read the "Ultimate" comic lines, so up until you said that, I had no idea the character wasn't always black. I actually caught part of the Hasslehoff movie on SciFi a couple months ago and was surprised that they made Fury a white guy for the movie.

Endur

First Post
Actually, if they make a Nick Fury movie, they ought to move it back to WW2 ("Nick Fury and His Howling Commandos") and involve Captain America. The CA/Nick Fury stories were always best when set back in WW2.

The problem with a SHIELD movie is nobody who is not part of the comic book audience will have any idea who or what SHIELD is. The CIA or the Army is a generic organization that works so much better in movies than SHIELD.

DanMcS said:
Hah. I've really only read the "Ultimate" comic lines, so up until you said that, I had no idea the character wasn't always black. I actually caught part of the Hasslehoff movie on SciFi a couple months ago and was surprised that they made Fury a white guy for the movie.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Actually, the movie (if it will be produced) should focus on Nick Fury the character, from his WWII days with the Howling Commandos to his current assignment as head of SHIELD.

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
Just to make matters worse:

Patience Price discovers a dark secret about the evil cosmetics company and gets murdered.. But she is brought back from the dead by the egyptian cat GOD (!!!!????!!!!) Mao (!!!!????!!!!) as Catwoman.

In Letterman, Halle Berry said she won't have any powers, just the abilities of a tiger or a large cat. Er... aren't those "powers"?

Mercule

Adventurer
Klaus said:
JPatience Price discovers a dark secret about the evil cosmetics company and gets murdered.. But she is brought back from the dead by the egyptian cat GOD (!!!!????!!!!) Mao (!!!!????!!!!) as Catwoman.
Mao?? Did she mean "Meow"? *chuckle* Whatever, not like this is going to degrade my opinion of the flick any more.

In Letterman, Halle Berry said she won't have any powers, just the abilities of a tiger or a large cat. Er... aren't those "powers"?
Hey, at least she never made claim to having any mental super powers. Y'know, this gal needs to learn the maxim: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool that to speak and remove all doubt." It's like a female Dan Quayle.

Villano

First Post
Y'know, I have to say that I think Halle Berry is a very beautiful woman. When it comes to her acting and film choices, otoh....

It all reminds me of an ad for a website. It had a picture of Natasha Henstrige (sp?) looking hot in a bikini. Underneath the pic, it said, "Don't be fooled. Most of her movies suck."

*shakes head*

Anyway, who are we kidding? I think most of us will see it even if just for the "how bad can it get" factor. Personally, I have the feeling this is going to topple Batman & Robin from the "worst superhero film of all time" category.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Endur said:
Ummm, nope! The Catwoman in Batman: Year One was very kickbutt and very butch, but she was not African-American.
Exactly. David Mazzucchelli has touched upon this many times. The
idea was for Selina to be exotic, not black.

Remove ads