Catwoman Movie (threads merged)

Ghostwind

First Post
Just when Halle Berry was getting respect in the industry, along comes this incredibly bad career move. The costume alone makes me shudder, not to mention the plot/storyline. I'm betting this will wind up making Batman & Robin look like a masterpiece of art by the time it's done. Guess George Clooney won't have to continue to take credit for single-handedly sinking the Batman franchise...

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
You WILL like this movie! Say it!

attachment.php

Ranger REG

Explorer
Ghostwind said:
Just when Halle Berry was getting respect in the industry, along comes this incredibly bad career move. The costume alone makes me shudder, not to mention the plot/storyline. I'm betting this will wind up making Batman & Robin look like a masterpiece of art by the time it's done. Guess George Clooney won't have to continue to take credit for single-handedly sinking the Batman franchise...
Actually, it started taking on water when Val Kilmer don the cowl.

As for bad career moves, many well-known actors adored by the (yecch!) mainstream have their fair share of bad movies and they still come out on top. Obviously, she's not doing Catwoman as an Oscar potential, but to be constantly employed. While she now have a household name, it doesn't mean she's at the level where can take her sweet time like two or five years between jobs poring over scripts sent to her (especially when your husband is a musician). :p

Stormfalcon

First Post
Actually, neither Val Kilmer nor George Clooney single-handedly took down the franchise. That dubious honor lies at the director of both of the films those actors were in: Joel Schumacher.

Ghostwind

First Post
Stormfalcon said:
Actually, neither Val Kilmer nor George Clooney single-handedly took down the franchise. That dubious honor lies at the director of both of the films those actors were in: Joel Schumacher.
True. But Clooney has jokingly stated in more than one television interview as being the person responsible for killing the bat franchise. :)

jdavis

First Post
So instead of a evil cosmetics company it's a naughty cosmetics company:rolleyes:

Well I think I've seen enough to just let this one pass on by without a glance (like I should of done the 4th Batman movie).

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I was going to hunt down that photo and put it up on the thread, but obviously I've been beaten too it.

Before I saw that, I thought this was going to be a bad film. Now, I think it's going to be a cult classic. Surely it can't be this bad on purpose? Surely someone involved can turn round and say "Hey, wait a minute. This is going to sink without a trace!"

Halle Berry's name is all that's saving this from straight-to-video, as far as I can see.

Endur

First Post
Ummm, nope! The Catwoman in Batman: Year One was very kickbutt and very butch, but she was not African-American.

Tarrasque Wrangler said:
Just to further muddy things, remember that the Catwoman in Batman: Year One was clearly African-American. And a pretty kickbutt Catwoman, too.

Remove ads