Catwoman Movie (threads merged)

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
You know, every time I see Ms. Berry I think of her miserable performances in X-Men and James Bond and I just wonder "what are people thinking?"

She's so bad. She absolutely, completely and totally sucks. And every comment I hear from her is some big complaint about how hard it all is and how she has to take sucky parts in comic book movies --

GET A REAL JOB, MS. BERRY, IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH. DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND STOP ACTING.

PLEASE.

Endur

First Post
Oh I think some of the Captain America movies from the 70's and the Punisher from the 80's could give serious competition to "Batman and Robin." And there were various superhero movies in the 70's and early 80's that were so bad they skipped being released and went straight to TV.

Villano said:
Anyway, who are we kidding? I think most of us will see it even if just for the "how bad can it get" factor. Personally, I have the feeling this is going to topple Batman & Robin from the "worst superhero film of all time" category.

Endur said:
Oh I think some of the Captain America movies from the 70's and the Punisher from the 80's could give serious competition to "Batman and Robin." And there were various superhero movies in the 70's and early 80's that were so bad they skipped being released and went straight to TV.

Fantastic Four comes to mind...

Agamon

Adventurer
Aw, geez, that sounds absolutely horrible. How did Warner learn anything from Marvel? Take your character and completely change so that the only thing recognizable about it is the name? When did Marvel do that?

Next they'll remake Superman by casting Antonio Banderas for him and make the character a womanizing junkie human that gets his powers from a radioactive explosion. He skulks the streets hunting the vermin that would prey on the helpless. :rolleyes:

Villano

First Post
Endur said:

Punisher isn't really that bad all things considered.

Anyway, what make B&A the worst of all time is the fact that, unlike the movies you mentioned, it had a huge budget and big name stars. In fact, if you combined the budgets of the 2 Cap movies, the Cap movie from the '90s (with the Italian Red Skull), Fantastic Four, and The Punisher, you would only cover about half of the catering cost on B&A.

I cut more slack to really bad movies made on the cheap than I do brainless, bloated movies with a budget that could keep afloat a third world nation for a year.

But what really blows my mind about B&A is the script. Studio execs greenlit it and the stars read it and wanted to be in this movie. Did they actually think, "Wow, this is really great! I've got to be a part of it!"?

Villano

First Post
Agamon said:
Aw, geez, that sounds absolutely horrible. How did Warner learn anything from Marvel? Take your character and completely change so that the only thing recognizable about it is the name? When did Marvel do that?

The Captain America movies from the '70s. They changed his origin and costume. I'm not sure he was even Steve Rodgers either.

Come to think of it, poor Cap has never had much luck in film. The 90s version turned the Red Skull Italian and altered a bunch of other things, and there was a movie serial back in the 40s in which Cap lost the wings on his mask, his ears were covered, he had no shield, and had a totally different secret identity (he was a D.A. but I don't recall the name).

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Villano said:
But what really blows my mind about B&A is the script. Studio execs greenlit it and the stars read it and wanted to be in this movie. Did they actually think, "Wow, this is really great! I've got to be a part of it!"?
I've read an earlier version of the script by Akiva Goldsman, it was a much
much better story. On page Mr. Freeze was a really chillin' fellow (BADDA-
BAMBUMTISH!) and while I remember Ivy having a different and less stupid
part in the story, I can't remember what it is. There was no Bats-don't-trust
-Robin subplot and while Alfred was sick, it actually played some importance
to the main plot (something to do with Ivy, not Fries). And it was dark. Not
Batman Returns dark, but dark enough and rid of those stupid pizza and credit
card quips.

Granted, Bane was still a schmuck, Batgirl was there and it had pretty much
the same grand finale (the ice skates) with some slight modifications. But
it still puzzles me they changed this for what's on screen. :eek:

It just ain't right, that is!

Agamon

Adventurer
Villano said:
The Captain America movies from the '70s. They changed his origin and costume. I'm not sure he was even Steve Rodgers either.

Come to think of it, poor Cap has never had much luck in film. The 90s version turned the Red Skull Italian and altered a bunch of other things, and there was a movie serial back in the 40s in which Cap lost the wings on his mask, his ears were covered, he had no shield, and had a totally different secret identity (he was a D.A. but I don't recall the name).

Okay, I meant, recently. I doubt Warner was looking at an old 70's movie that grossed $377.83, and exclaimed, "Let's do that!" :rolleyes:

Villano

First Post
Agamon said:
Okay, I meant, recently. I doubt Warner was looking at an old 70's movie that grossed $377.83, and exclaimed, "Let's do that!" :rolleyes:

No, they were looking at on old '60s tv series starring Adam West and exclaimed, "Let's do that...but without the good stuff!" :rolleyes:

Remove ads