Cave of the spiders - Newbie PbP GM

Ferrix

Explorer
Sirius chuckles, "not getting away from me you ain't!" He charges after the unwounded bugbear hoping to then put himself between the wounded one and any exit.

OOC: Charge +14 Waraxe (1d10+12, 19-20/x3), Power Attack for 4.

Statblock
Affected by: Bull's Strength (+4 str), Str at 20. <- that's the change, plus I PA for 2 last round
AC 26 (10 base, 9 armor, 3 shield, 1 dex, 1 dodge, 1 natural, 2 deflection), DR 3/-
Melee Attack: +1 adamantine waraxe +16/+11 (1d10+9, 19-20/x3)

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Barely having time to spare a look for the freed Dwarven captive I wonder if that's who we're after Lucas continues onto the next captive and continues to hack away at the webs.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Girble runs ahead really quickly, trying to catch up to the fleeing bugbears. "Get... *huff, huff* back... *huff, huff* here..."

[sblock=OOC]I'm gonna x4 it, if I can, so get next to or right by the bugbears. If I provoke an AoO, that's fine, but I want for them to provoke one on me if they continue running.[/sblock]

JimAde

First Post
Ery charges after the fleeing bugbears. Realizing the others can catch the slow one, she races past it and leaps at the less wounded one. She seems to fly as her blade elegantly sweeps through the air...but that's all it does as the bugbear stumbles at just the right moment to avoid the blow.
[sblock]Attack roll: 1 Auto-miss.[/sblock]
Heedless of his own safety, Girble races past both the retreating figures, easily outpacing them as he runs without regard to his defenses. The badly-wounded bugbear takes no notice of the speeding priest, but the other takes a swipe at him as he passes. The blow strikes solidly on the halfling's back, but seems to only speed him on his way as it rebounds from his armor. Girble gets ahead of everyone and prepares to return the blow.
He missed due to armor, just to clarify.

Sirius, too, charges after the fleeing bugbears. Running alongside Ery, He is able to catch the stumbling guard and swings his axe in a whistling arc. The blade is barely slowed by the guard's helm and it goes down in a silent heap.
[sblock]Attack roll 10+16=26, hit. Damage roll 6+9=15. It's down. Technically not dead yet, if you care.[/sblock]
Donnybrook continues trying to fight the fire, but it seems to be getting away from him! He calls out, "Hurry, Lucas!" as he pulls sticky, flaming webs off his own armor.

Weilding his dagger with remarkable alacrity, Lucas frees two more captives from their web prisons. Two young humans, locals by the look of their clothing, join the dwarf on the floor. Casting a quick look around he sees that the other wrapped bundles are pierced and tattered. Their contents are probably best not revealed, and are certainly not alive.

The bugbear working with Lucas pulls the dwarf out of the cave and returns for one of the humans.

The fire now engulfs one entire wall and the area is again filled with thick smoke, making it difficult to see.

Initiatives:

Donnybrook 23 - Donnybrook is ON FIRE! 1d6 damage/round until he spends a move action putting himself out. He's looking a little rough around the edges. :)
Bugbears 20
Lucas 18 - If Lucas is still in the cave at the end of the coming round he'll start taking damage.
Fire Spreads 17 (spread this round because Donnybrook failed to fight it)
<<<<<Again, we are here.>>>>
Ery 8 - Ery is 20 feet from the disabled fleeing bugbear.
Girble 7 - Girble is 25 feet from the disabled fleeing bugbear.
Sirius 4 - Sirius is 25 feet from the disabled fleeing bugbear.

Actions?

Jdvn1

ooc: To clarify, I'm next to the two bugbears running away? They didn't try to run around me and provoke an AoO?

JimAde

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
ooc: To clarify, I'm next to the two bugbears running away? They didn't try to run around me and provoke an AoO?
You ran past them. One of them (the healthier one) took an AoO on you as you passed, then got whacked by Sirius before the his actual turn came up. He won't be attacking anybody. The other one (who is disabled) I actually skipped accidentally. But seeing that all three PCs are now between him and his escape route, he drops his weapons and sits resignedly on the ground, trying to hold his guts in.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Ery races to the room with the burning webs "How can I help?' she screams as she enters, the smoke obscuring her view.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

JimAde said:
he drops his weapons and sits resignedly on the ground, trying to hold his guts in.
ooc: Ew. ;)

Girble starts to swing and then realizes that none of them are willing to fight anymore, so he stops his morningstar above his head and sighs, disappointedly. "You're giving up? Ah, well. Let's turn around, guys. Back inside. C'mon, c'mon." He tries to shoo them back into the cave, as deep as he can get them.

Remove ads