• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cave Tiles (for miniatures)

Kris

Adventurer
Hello all :) - I think this is probably the best place to post this (but please forgive me if I am wrong).

Anyway, I have been attempting to come up with some modular cave/cavern style dungeon tiles (for use with miniatures) to add to my web-site (similar to the stereotypical stone-slabbed dungeon one's I already do).

Here is what I have come up with:
http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/hosted/csp/cavesample.jpg

It's only three small tunnel pieces (joined together - to see what they should look like when placed on the gaming table) - as this is all I've completed so far, but it is hopefully enough to give you a good idea of what they should look like.

So if you have time to check them out, pass on any comments, or let me know how useful (or not) these would be (before I go ahead and produce a whole lot more) - then that would be very cool.

Thanks.

Last edited:

stringbean

First Post
I like - I've perused your site before, and though I haven't actually used anything from it yet, I shall at some point.

I currently use a 1" scored plexiglass panel and dry-erase markers for most of my game-mapping, but I'm looking at tile cutouts to expand the visual impact of the maps...

Matty

Sam

First Post
Kris said:
So if you have time to check them out, pass on any comments, or let me know how useful (or not) these would be (before I go ahead and produce a whole lot more) - then that would be very cool.

Wow. I think I had taken a look at your site a while back, but just looked again. Wow! I just d/l'ed all of the stuff there and defintely plan on using it. I love the tile idea, where we can use the 1" tiles to create our own designs.

The cave prototype looks great! I'd definitely like to see more of those.

Do you have any suggestions with respect to easy & cheap graphic tools to create maps using the 1" tiles?

--Sam

Kris

Adventurer
Thanks for the input guys (it's greatly appreciated). So here's a larger cavern that I have just finished (for those who may be interested) :

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/hosted/csp/caverntest.jpg

So thanks again for the comments - I think I will go ahead and create a bunch of these :) and make them available on my web-site as soon as I get a reasonable number of them finished.

Cheers!!! :D

Oh and...

Do you have any suggestions with respect to easy & cheap graphic tools to create maps using the 1" tiles?

...do you mean to shrink them down & layout an entire dungeon for your DM notes - rather than use them as a miniatures battlemat? Or have I misunderstood your question entirely?

Sam

First Post

...do you mean to shrink them down & layout an entire dungeon for your DM notes - rather than use them as a miniatures battlemat? Or have I misunderstood your question entirely? [/B]

Actually, I was wondering if there is a program out there for the graphically challenged (such as myself) that would allow me to drag & drop the 1" tileset compenents into a battlemat representation of the dungeon.

Kris

Adventurer
Oh - the 'dungeon tile-set' from my site :)

Well I guess any Desk Top Publishing (DTP) or graphics program would work if all you want to do is create you own room variations from the tile-set.

I have used something called 'Serif PagePlus 6' in the past (it's a cheap DTP program). With this program (as with most other DTP prog's) you can set up guide lines - which in the case of my dungeon plans, you can space 1" apart (horizontally & vertically) - making a kind of grid that fills the page. Then you can simply import the individual tile images and re-size them to fit in the grid squares as desired.

I just checked the official site and they are now up to version 8 (i.e. serif pageplus 8) of this software - but you can get an older version (serif pageplus 5) as an official free download here (or even send for a free CD):

http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/serif/pp/pp5/index.asp#

Hope that helps.

Remove ads