• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB Mystery

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have no idea what the CB is trying to tell me at this point.

I was trying to sort out some things about a Warlock I've multiclassed into Psion, so I created a 16th level version of him.

Or at least, I'm trying to. Right now, I have options popping up that I've never seen before.

1. In the Power Selection section of the CB, I've got At-Wills popping up at different levels- 3rd, 7th and 13th. Where in the hell did this come from?
  2. In addition, it shows NO 13th level Encounter power option- just the At-Will of unknown origin.
  3. For additional fun, it won't let me select the ones for 7th or 13th at all. It just gives me a grey field. But it won't turn the tag for this section Green. It keeps telling me I still have powers to pick.
  4. My PC's choice of Feats for 14th level was to be Psionic Dabbler, with which I was going to choose Void Shard as the Augmentable At-Will Psionic power...but without the ability to choose a 13th level Warlock Encounter power, I can't do this: my only options have been reduced to the 1st, 3rd or 7th level Warlock powers.

Is this a bug, or have I missed out on a bunch of changes making my proposed build unmakeable? If so, where the hell are they?

More importantly, is there a way to disable these changes- if they exist- so I can actually build the PC the way he's supposed to be made?

This is really bugging me. I already own most of the books I intend to buy, but I know people who only have the CB.

If they really are changing stuff like this, its almost like they ARE taking books away from the players who bought into this game.

Cormacolinde

First Post
Did you multiclass? If so, using which feat? Or make him a hybrid? Did you pick up Paragon Multi-Classing as a paragon path? All these might explain some of the inconsistencies you are reporting. The at-wills you are seeing would be the psion at-wills for those levels, obviously.

cpendlet

First Post
Just to clarify: The psionic classes do not have daily powers. The get more at-will powers that can be augmented instead. That would probably be the at-will powers you are seeing.

Nullzone

Explorer
First off, calm down.

Now, did you multiclass (via feats) or hybridize (via class selection)? Which class did you start with?

Lastly, as said, Psions don't get Encounter powers (at least, not many of them); they get more at-wills with augments and extra PP.

I just tried to hybridize a warlock and psion and had no problems picking up a L13 encounter power from the Warlock's option set. Save your work on that one and try making another one from scratch maybe? :erm:

Edit: Aha, I found it; multiclass with Awakened Potential triggers this, and so I think the reason it took your 7/13 Encounter powers away is because of the Psionic Augmentation feature, which swaps out your old at-wills with new ones and grants you additional PP. If you build a pure Psion, you'll see the same thing; L7/13 are greyed out, instead giving you the option to replace at-wills. So it's probably a bug, applying the augmentation logic to any class who takes the MC.

Report it to CS and they'll be sure to do something about it in the next release; if you report it now they might even get it in time for the Heroes of Shadow update on the 16th :)

Last edited:

Azlith

First Post
Looks to me like you did a hybrid. The At-Wills are from the psion. The greyed out buttons at 7 and 13 are because they are replacement levels. You need to choose a 1st level at-will first and then replace it with the 7th or 13th level one.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
1) The multiclassing into Psion was via Disciplined Talent- the correct feat

2) It isn't a hybrid. Not only did I not choose that option, the oddball At-Wills are clearly listed as "Warlock At-Wills". The 3rd level one- the only one I could work with- only let me choose from Warlock powers. The character was given an Encounter power at 3rd AND a bonus At-Will, PLUS it won't even let me choose powers of any kind for 7th or 13th. It won't even fill them in if I use the "Choose All For Me" button.

3) This issue cropped up whether the PC has taken the Life-Stealer or Dreamwalker Paragon path- the only 2 I've tried- and even appears when there has been no Paragon Path chosen. I don't think it's tied to the path.

Aha, I found it; multiclass with Awakened Potential triggers this, and so I think the reason it took your 7/13 Encounter powers away is because of the Psionic Augmentation feature, which swaps out your old at-wills with new ones and grants you additional PP. If you build a pure Psion, you'll see the same thing; L7/13 are greyed out, instead giving you the option to replace at-wills. So it's probably a bug, applying the augmentation logic to any class who takes the MC.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Remove ads