CB's Grim Frequencies AP OOC -- COMPLETE

Shayuri

First Post
Hm. 3000 a month. But it's Fed money, so they're keeping an eye on it.

Must consider how best to launder it. D0's set up reasonably well for equipment, but she could probably make a case for picking up a few items, here and there, then resell them via eBay or Craigslist. Losing money, but it's not HER money.

The goal is to get 10 or 15 grand in clean money she can throw into an investment egg and hopefully start growing it away from Mama FCC's watchful eye.

Forged Fury

First Post
Cyril has contacts, don't forget, that may be able to hook him up.

I don't recall actually defining a contacts benefit. Do the other characters not have contacts? The Occupations are balanced around a combination of wealth bonus, skills, and feats, but like I said, I don't really care. Cyril will stumble through regardless.

[sblock=No peeking. That means you! And you! And that other person who isn't even playing...well, alright, you can read it, but just you.]I was hoping for Feral to be the one who gets mixed back up in illegal activities, mainly via the drugs and getting tangled up with the wrong people as a consequence. Is that doable or is that going to mess things up too much?[/sblock]
[sblock=Feral]Confirming that, yes, I have all of that saved in a PM from you that I very purposely held onto for just such a day as this. You will need to make sure, however, that any illicit activity Feral engages in does not trump the main story arc. So long as you can promise me that you will work to find a way to get in Feral's illicit rp without hampering my storyline, I'm on board with your goal to have Feral get tangled up with the wrong people. In fact, those "wrong people" feed very nicely into something I've had planned for a while, so it should work out to be win-win. Did you have bad guy NPCs in mind that you want to feed me so I can plug them into the story, or do you want me to surprise you with NPCs of my own creation? Fair warning, if Feral is busted for drugs, it's probably going to be a state-level (as opposed to Federal) offense, which means trial in a state court and, if convicted, imprisonment in Indiana Department of Corrections.[/sblock]

The goal is to get 10 or 15 grand in clean money she can throw into an investment egg and hopefully start growing it away from Mama FCC's watchful eye.
This can be a reality. Let me know how Otter intends to go about her laundering, and we'll see about implementing it. Just be forewarned that if she gets busted, she could be looking at a Federal wire fraud indictment. And wouldn't that be fun?!

I don't recall actually defining a contacts benefit. Do the other characters not have contacts? The Occupations are balanced around a combination of wealth bonus, skills, and feats, but like I said, I don't really care. Cyril will stumble through regardless.
I checked the RG. Everyone but Otter has delineated an Ally and an Enemy. Depending on who your Ally is, that person could maybe help you acquire items. In Cyril's case, he's got C-Note, who to my eye looks super really well placed to be an excellent black market connection. Just sayin'. You didn't actually specify benefits of your Ally, and neither did I (yet), so it's certainly open for discussion. I know you said it doesn't matter re: Cyril's hit to Wealth, but feel free to mull it over and let me know.

Shayuri

First Post
Oog...ally and enemy!

There's an oversight for me. Also yeah, I don't know much about money laundering IRL, so I may have to be a liiiiitle vague. :)

Also, my sense is that what Otter is planning on doing isn't quite the same as 'real' money laundering, since she's not getting money illegally. Admittedly, claiming to the government that she's buying goods with their money, then turning around and selling them without letting the government know, is probably illegal. Hehe.

I guess it kind of depends if her stipend is considered 'wages' (ie - they don't really care what she does with it) or a government expense account (it's got to be accounted for).

gribble

Explorer
You were given a debit card.
Oh yeah, that's right. Still, T-dawg has probably never owned a bank account in his life, and I kind of like the mental image of him sleeping on a lumpy mattress stuffed with cash... so maybe he gets someone who understands bank accounts and that sort of thing to withdraw him the cash every month.
:)

Remove ads