CB's Grim Frequencies AP OOC -- COMPLETE

That's a wrap, folks! It's been a good year of gaming together, and I've enjoyed the ride. This is the year I got back into gaming after a multi-year layoff for law school, and the amount of material I forgot was astronomical; notably, 3.x grapple is a pain (not a knock on T-dawg, [MENTION=12430]gribble[/MENTION]; he's an awesome character)! Thanks, all, for schooling me in the 3.x rules, for your forebearance when I made mistakes, and--most of all--for your friendship. So glad I've had the opportunity to hang with all of you.

Best,
Wendy

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral's Epilogue...

Feral leaves the group and starts fighting for money again to fund street T and other newfound drug addictions as a means of coping with the recent craziness.

Thank you for the awesome game [MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION]. It was groovy. :)

Forged Fury

First Post
Cyril's Epilogue

The door to Ink Expressions closed behind Cyril with a resounding thump. Clad in a black suit with a white T-shirt underneath, a fresh buzzed haircut, and wearing dark sunglasses at night, he looked a far cry from his previous self, but such was a life on the run. The side of his neck burned, but at least he was square with Otter. He probably could have argued his way out of living up to the bet, but with all the screwed up stuff that had happened over the last week or so, the former lawyer figured there were a lot more important things to devote energy to, not least of which the presence of aliens and monsters among them.

Doing his best not to rub and scratch at the new tattoo, he pulled the bandage covering the side of his neck down to inspect the work. A cartoon cyborg otter winked back at him from his neck. A thought bubble had been added after the fact above the Otter's head that read: "Cyril is my hero!"

Yeah, that'll do.

gribble

Explorer
Thanks all for the great game, especially CB for running it. It's a shame I missed the finale due to my house finally selling and needing to take an emergency trip out of town to clear out the last few things in it...

BTW: T-dawg couldn't deal lethal damage with his fists... but it didn't really matter after JR capped Garvey anyway.

Where does T-dawg go from here? Initially, he helps Bukowski track down Tommy, and then makes sure that the good professor's experiments on him are of the "non-intrusive" variety. After helping Tommy through a terrible few weeks of withdrawal, he takes the kid under his wing, and they go on the run, travelling from city to city doing random acts of kindness to try and atone for their past sins.

Actually, the non-lethal damage to Garvey means she'll likely wake up even after being shot in the head. SWEET! The villainess lives to lurk in the world.

Super glad your house sold, [MENTION=12430]gribble[/MENTION]. That's a happy occasion.

gribble

Explorer
Actually, the non-lethal damage to Garvey means she'll likely wake up even after being shot in the head. SWEET! The villainess lives to lurk in the world.

Super glad your house sold, [MENTION=12430]gribble[/MENTION]. That's a happy occasion.

Ha ha... perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned that then... :)

It's a very happy occasion - I've been stoked since it went unconditional mid-last week (despite having to arrange travel to Wellington on short notice). It really does mark the end of an era (and not a very good one) for me and a bit of a new beginning, so kind of fitting that it coincides with the end of this game. Will have to find another game to start on!

EDIT: Not that this game in any way has contributed to the not very good era. On the contrary, it has been one of the few highlights that has helped me get through!

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Argh, I missed it!

That hurts. I couldn't get on while I was away! So much wrath. I was going to throw the acid at Garvey. :(

Okay, well, I'll read up on what I missed and work up an epilogue post for Otter.

It's a bummer that it ended, but I'm glad we actually played it through. Much better to have an actual end, than just to have it fade away in mid-sentence. :)

Look forward to more games to come!

Remove ads