• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

gribble

Explorer
T-dawg frowns at Bukowski's suggestion of going rogue, then simply shakes his head and replies, "Look, uh... Bukowski right? I don't really give a f*%k who is in charge here, but we need to get out there", he gestures out the kitchen window with a knife, "and find Tommy before what happened to Esmerelda happens to him. That ain't happening again on my watch".

Then he looks a little confused and adds, "Uh... anyone know how to find someone in a storm?"

Bukowski quirked an eyebrow. "With it being this cold, and this "Tommy" maybe being down on his luck, I'd say try Wheeler Mission in the old Mercantile District. They serve breakfast at 8 am to the homeless."

"Me. What? Don't look so surprised. You said anyone." Bukowski grinned. Then he straightened his lanky body and grabbed his case. Christ, he was serious about going.

gribble

Explorer
T-dawg just shrugs and looks around to room to see if anyone else is keen to join the good doctor and himself. He seems to have completely forgotten about Garvey's imminent arrival.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I need to get some cross class points spent on Perception and Sense Motive I can see. ;))

[roll0] Perception

Otter watched Kiehn closely, with a true troll's eye for where his sensitive spots were. His own jabs almost brought a chuckle out of her. Attack the know-it-all by disparaging what they know. That was kid stuff.

"So Marks just graduated...but he's the one who got this assignment?" she inquired. "He's keeping an eye on us...and that means you're, what again? Keeping an eye on him? Like a driving instructor with the hydraulic extra brake? I figured you'd have your own operation going by now. Maybe be gunning for Garvey's job. Don't get me wrong, this just seems like the kind of thing someone with a bit less experience could probably handle."

[sblock=Otter]Physically, Keihn was a mousy specimen. He was short, thin, had thinning light brown hair, and the shiny skin of the dome on his crown nearly met his advancing widow's peaks. Otter pegged Keihn in his early 50s--the age when many men were coming into their own and exuded an aura of confidence and power. Keihn exuded power, but it was edgy. Nervous. Thinking back, she wasn't sure who was in charge here, Keihn or Bukowski. Keihn had mentioned that Garvey would be leaving her post in October this year--the start of the government fiscal year. Perhaps he was angling for Garvey's job. He did seem very keen for Garvey to arrive. And he was playing a game of some sort, she was certain. He'd started off the morning's visit quiet and collected, but as time drug on he'd become talkative. Chatty, almost. He'd baited her into argument twice. It dawned on Otter than Keihn was stalling for time.[/sblock]

Keihn put a hand in a jacket pocket. He smirked at Otter, said nothing, and crossed the carpet of the office to lean over Esmeralda. He examined the dead girl, peeled back her soiled and tattered clothing so that her breast laid bare, red nipples juxtaposed against a grey pall of death. "It will never pass into nothingness; but still will keep a bower quiet for us, and a sleep full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing." Keihn's words were audible, but only just. There was a rhythm to his phrasing. He traced a manicured nail down the line of Esmeralda's jaw, his touch both macabre and loving.

OOC: Otter may make an attack of opportunity, if you like. She's within melee range and Keihn is casting a spell.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - True, but she's not got a weapon and thus isn't threatening an area. :))

Poetry. It occurred to Otter that Kiehn was probably way too messed up to actually troll. Further, he had a longer game running. A game she was no longer at all certain she wanted to be around for when it reached the final moves.

Go-bag was ready. The anklet was a thing, but she was pretty sure there were tools handy that could get it off.

But...but...once that bridge was burned, there'd be a whole lot of avenues closed off that she'd never get access to again. Wait too long though, and they could either wrap her up too tight to get away easily, or ship her back to jail.

What a delightfully narrow line to walk on!

"You two need some time alone?" she asks dryly. "Careful now. Doctor Strangelove will probably want to examine the sucker-marks it made on her."

Otter watched as Keihn laid a hand on Esmeralda's breast. Was it a trick of the light, or did his hand seem as if it was turning orange? Kind of like a cheerleader who'd spent too much time in the tanning bed. But, no, it wasn't that it his skin was changing color, it was that it was glowing. As if lit from inside with the gilt light of late afternoon. Keihn kept his glowing hand on Esmeralda's breast, not fondling it exactly, but not wholly decent, either. His hand became so brilliantly lit that it was hard on Otter's eyes to continue gazing at it. Like looking too long at the sun.

Keihn leaned forward and kissed Esmeralda on the lips. He puffed a breath of air into her mouth. Then he straightened, the light in his hand dying in an instant. When Keihn stepped away from the body, Otter saw that the girl had entirely lost the pallor of death that had clung to her like a shroud. Her skin was roses and cream, the nipples of her breasts pink. Keihn covered Esmeralda's chest with her tattered shirt.

When they fell upon Otter, his eyes were fevered. "We should return to the kitchen."

Otter hadn't budged for a beat or two, so Keihn left her in the room with Esmeralda. When he got back to the kitchen, JR wasn't there, and T-dawg and Bukowski looked as if they were heading for the back door. A minute frown momentatily creased his brown before disappearing. "Going somewhere?" He stood by the doorway, impeding easy egress from the kitchen.

Remove ads