CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

Neither Feral nor Gribble noticed the door from the kitchen's storage and serving area creak open. They did, however, observe after a bit that cockroach the size of a man was scuttling from the kitchen area along the fellowship hall's southern baseboard, toward Garvey. The giant cockroach left a trail of blood and entrails behind it as it scurried. It was silent as the grave as it crept; Garvey seemed oblivious to its approach.

245new9.jpg

Credit: tira-owl, deviantart.com

OOC: Just to clarify, it's still the top of Round 3, and it's still J.R.'s turn.

2na5sg0.jpg

Initiative:
J.R. 12 -- hallway
Cyril 12 -- kitchen
Otter 12 -- basement
Bukowski 10 -- kitchen
Garvey 9 -- fellowship hall
Feral 8 -- fellowship hall
T-dawg 7 -- fellowship hall
Keihn 4 -- paralyzed through Round 3
Marks 1 -- storage/serving

GM:
Bukowski 42/42
Garvey -37/__
Keihn unknown
Marks 16/18

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: In the event I don't get to post much today, Cyril is absolutely following Bukowski into the area to the south. If he knew Garvey just turned into a medusalizardbitch he would probably put a round in Khein for good measure. But he doesn't, so...

J.R. put a round in Keihn, dealing 24 points of damage. Cyril followed Bukowski into the storage and serving area, only to see the remains of Marks' mutilated body, and a blood trail leading through the closed swinging door into the fellowship hall.

2m5nxu0.jpg

OOC: Next up, Cyril, [MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION]. He expended 25' of movement getting to AL23 inside the storage and serving area, but the remainder of his movement and action for the round are waiting for you to declare. The cockroach portion of the image above isn't in the storage and serving area--just the lower torso and legs. Also, go ahead and tell me what Otter is doing for Round 3, [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION].

Forged Fury

First Post
Cyril promptly threw up at the sight of the lower half of Marks' body. He had liked the dude and that was a terrible way to go. The former lawyer had the wherewithal to follow Bukowski, although he glanced at him sidelong, trying to assess the man's reaction to the gruesome discovery. Things had only been sort of weird before all of these people had shown up.

OOC: Not sure if Sense Motive counts as an action, if so, I guess I only take a single move action. Sense Motive = [roll0]

Bukowski's eyes were fixed on the ragged remnant of Marks. White fingers clutched at his taser. He didn't say anything, but he did cross the room and bend over to get a look at the corpse. When he stood up, his voice was quiet. "It's like something hatched inside and chewed its way out. Look here at these claw marks." Sure enough, Cyril saw what the Professor said--there were red lines of claw marks on the lower torso's skin. "But it was fast. And quiet, too. I didn't hear anything. Had Marks been acting oddly?" Bukowski's eyes flashed to the blood trail. He crossed the room, cracked the door, then backed up rapidly. "Hell. There's...there's. Uh. You take a look. A large beetle. And Clash of the Titans, come to life. I think. Christ. Where's my specimen case?!"

OOC: In Cyril's estimation, Bukowski was unnerved at the sight of the corpse, but the scientist in him took over. He hid behind forensic fascination. His fingers, however, gave away fear. I'll allow Cyril a quick peek through the door as part of Round 3, if you want.

Otter's up, [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]!

Initiative:
J.R. 12 -- hallway
Cyril 12 -- kitchen
Otter 12 -- basement
Bukowski 10 -- kitchen
Garvey 9 -- fellowship hall
Feral 8 -- fellowship hall
T-dawg 7 -- fellowship hall
Keihn 4
Marks 1 -- storage/serving

GM:
Bukowski 42/42
Garvey -37/__
Keihn dead
Marks unknown

Shayuri

First Post
Down in the basement, Death Otter grabbed her go-back and slung it over her shoulder, then picked up the acid samples that Bukowski had left her as well. She took a moment to trail her fingertips affectionately over her desktop-sized number crunching computer, then yanked the panel on the side open and pulled the hard drive off it's quick release rail. That went in the go-bag too.

There'd been more gunshots upstairs. Hopefully that was the teen-gang finishing off Garvey. If not, she had a fun little present for her. Man, she hoped they left Keihn alive though. It'd really suck not having a brain to pick at the end of this.

Funny how things seemed least real, when they were getting MOST real.

Whistling to herself, Death Otter headed back upstairs to get this party FINISHED so they could get on with more IMPORTANT things.

Remove ads