CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

Otter pressed Keihn to put away the .45. Keihn didn't look impressed. He didn't fire at anyone for the moment, but neither did he lower the gun; instead, he trained the .45 on her. He opened his mouth to say something, but never got the chance. When the gunshot fired, Bukowski reached inside his jacket pocket and pulled out a taser. The professor took a step closer to Keihn--who still had his back turned to the kitchen--and tased the special agent. A pair of darts sprang from the taser and affixed to Keihn, dealing 2 points of damage. Keihn's body shook as electricity coursed through him, then he locked up and fell over prone on the linoleum floor in the hallway with his .45 beneath him. Bukowski smiled morosely at T-dawg. "Cool. I've always wanted to see one of those in action."

[sblock=TASER]A taser uses springs or compressed air to fire a pair of darts at a target. On impact, the darts release a powerful electrical current. On a successful hit, the darts deal 1d4 points of electricity damage and the target must make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 15) or be paralyzed for 1d6 rounds. Reloading a taser is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.[/sblock]

Everyone heard the back door to the fellowship hall open and close. Otter and J.R. looked up and spied none other than Beatrice Garvey standing inside the church. Despite the freakishly early hour, Garvey had on a black power suit right down to the three inch patent leather pumps, but she also had a Glock 20 drawn and trained on the kitchen. She hissed when she saw Otter, then fired a very poorly aimed shot that missed, hitting the woodwork trim on the doorway leading from the fellowship hall to the hallway outside the kitchen.

OOC: Coyote Code rolled Garvey's attack roll before I had a chance to add in the modifier, so don't be surprised in a subsequent round when you see 1d20+6. Feral's up, [MENTION=6755061]Kiraya_TiDrekan[/MENTION].

29bk8sg.jpg

Initiative:
J.R. 12
Cyril 12
Otter 12
Bukowski 10
Garvey 9
Feral 8
T-dawg 7
Keihn 4
Marks 1

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral didn't take kindly to being shot at. He rushed Garvey, launching a kick intended to take her out of the fight as soon as possible.

Unarmed strike - [roll0] Damage, if successful - [roll1] - dealing lethal damage.

When a second gunshot exploded against the wood trim of the doorway by Otter, Feral took off at a run and--springing over Keihn's downed form--rounded the corner into the fellowship hall. Feral darted through the fellowship hall and came to a halt directly in front of Garvey.

OOC: Saving those killer rolls for Round 2, Kiraya. T-dawg's turn, [MENTION=12430]gribble[/MENTION].

15dng1x.jpg

gribble

Explorer
OOC: Sorry guys, been out of action the last week due to a big birthday and then a nasty cold. Where is T-dawg on the map? I don't see a T anywhere, or am I just blind? Is it G for gribble? Either way I plan to head towards the gunshot.

T-dawg looks even more confused than normal, between Klein's attack and poofs of glitter swirling around Cyril... it's certainly been a crazy day. But when he hears a gunshot bark out from the Fellowship Room, he looks to Cyril and Bukowski as if to say "you guys got this" - more as a statement than a question - and then runs out towards the noise.

When he sees Feral standing over Garvey, holding a smoking gun, he again looks confused, but then his face hardens and he barks, "Put the gun away Garvey, or this ain't gonna end well for you. Everyone needs to stop acting crazy and we need to sort this out and find Tommy!"

OOC: Call it a move and intimidate:[roll0]; with an AP for good measure: [roll1]

OOC: Yes, I used a "G" for T-dawg's marker on the map. Whoops, c'est la vie. My apology for the confusion. It's fixed now.

End of Round 1, start of Round 2. Next up is J.R., [MENTION=6763059]Rubberneck[/MENTION].

T-dawg moved from the kitchen to the approximate center of the fellowship hall. He went as far as he reasonably could, then pulled up short and barked at Garvey. She scoffed at him, outright laughing at his attempt to intimidate her. "Back off, Teddy Bear. Everyone knows you wouldn't hurt a fly. Why do you think we picked you?" While Garvey was busy entertaining Feral and T-dawg, Marks quietly got up from his chair at the kitchen table. He caught Cyril's eye and put a finger to his lips in the universal sign for "shhhh." Next, Marks checked to make sure the kitchen window was bolted shut (it was, T-dawg having secured it earlier after Tommy's flight), then he moved into the adjoining storage and serving room and closed the door to the kitchen. He was out of sight after doing so.

ei2oa9.jpg

Initiative:
J.R. 12
Cyril 12
Otter 12
Bukowski 10
Garvey 9
Feral 8
T-dawg 7
Keihn 4
Marks 1

J.R. looked stunned as Garvey fired off her shot at Otter. He stood stock still, not moving and taking no action.

OOC: Cyril's turn, [MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION]. Right now, Cyril and Bukowski are the only ones in the kitchen. Bukowski tased Keihn and still has the taser. Just a bit ago, Marks checked to make sure the kitchen windows were shut, then ducked out through the door on the kitchen's south wall, closing the door after himself. He'd made the universal "shhhh" sign to Cyril and Bukowski as he did so.

Forged Fury

First Post
What in the ever-loving $&!% is going on here? Cyril thought to himself of all the insanity going on around him. Thinking quickly, he moved over to Keihn and rolled him over, grabbing the weapon with which he had just been threatening them. Sizing up Bukowski, he asked, "Do you have any idea what the f(*& is going on here?"

"Someone's shooting at us?" the Professor replied unhelpfully. "I haven't met this infamous Garvey of yours, but I heard a woman's voice a moment ago in the other big room," he waved a hand in the direction of the fellowship hall. Lowering his voice a bit, Bukowski offered, "Is there a way out of here that doesn't lead to room where someone very obviously is firing a gun? If not, perhaps we could circle around somewhichaway and surprise the shooter from behind?" He waggled his taser for emphasis.

OOC: Next up is Otter, [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION].

[sblock=Saved for later]Typed this up prematurely, saving it in case the action is still valid when it gets to Garvey's turn on init. Will delete if intervening acts of others preclude this. In the fellowship hall, Garvey backed five feet away from Feral (to AC24), then fired point blank. She missed.[/sblock]

Remove ads