D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: I want Guran to make a jeer at the male dark elf -- something like, "Lost your prisoner, have you?" However, I don't know if Guran is alert enough to the social nuances of their relationship, in the sense of whether the dragon is a pet on a leash, or a trained beast of combat, or a captive being taken elsewhere. I'm going to include a WIS (Insight) check below, in case it applies to guessing what's going on between "J" and "D."

[roll0]

Edit: Natural 1 again.

[sblock=Guran]Guran sizes up the interplay between the dragon and the male drow and decides the male drow had the dragon chained because the dragon is food the drow intend to eat.[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: It's completely arguable that Spec doesn't have the rope in his hand since he has just cast a spell. Still, if he gets the opportunity attack, he'll take it.

It's an instinctive move as the dragon reared back, its white scales reflecting the light from Spec's shield in a ghostly aura around it. Did Spec attack? Or was it somehow the rope he bore? He didn't know -- he found comfort in the cord, the way a child might with a favourite stuffed toy, but this was more than that. The blood didn't matter. The nature of his opponent didn't matter. Somehow, the rope snaked out, slipping between the two crow in front of him, and lashed at the dragon as it left the weapon's extreme reach. *flik*.

Could a dragon feel that snap? Spec wondered. Snap, dragon.

OOC: Opportunity attack when dragon leave 10' :
To hit [roll0]. If a hit, [roll1] slashing damage.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Thinking the dragon was being kept chained as provender, Guran jeers at the male drow, "It looks ta me you've lost your lunch, laddie! Better grab it again, quick, or it'll get away!"

End of Round 2, Start of Round 3

The rope of arachnea flicked forward, snapping at but missing the dragon. Colden had better luck, hitting the dragon for 6 points of damage as it retreated; its scales were hard, but even still the edge of Colden's handaxe found its mark.

The dragon howled at Colden's blow, but was undaunted in its retreat. The fell creature--its eyes black with impotent rage--moved north, sucked in a breath of air, then blew out an icy blast that froze marrow. The ice covering the floor abated from where the dragon had been but bloomed anew where it now stood, a forest of small icy stalagmites carpeting the stone pavers. The pair of kobolds still alive and awake in the darkened corridor both dropped; one valiantly withstood the dragon's icy blast but died of immediate frostbite. The other kobold was immediately slain outright. Both the female and male drow were caught off guard by the dragon's cold breath and suffered the full brunt of the blast. The male drow dropped to the floor, his longsword clattering against the cold hard stone. The drow female remained standing, rigid with cold and anger.
OOC: Colden, Spec, Guran, and Roscoe need to make a Constitution saving throw DC 15 to avoid 53 points of cold damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. I think Roscoe is raging? If so, that helps. EDIT: Looking at the RG, I'm pretty sure both Colden and Spec drop even if they make their save.

The lone remaining drow--the female--stepped into the corner of the room, keeping the wall to her back. She was unsteady on her feet, her teeth chattering with cold, but still she cast yet another spell. The action cost her her concentration, ending the darkness. Although silence remained in effect and they were deafened, Fulgrim and Roscoe could now see into the room beyond the wide corridor, where a fantastic sight met their eyes. More kobolds and a male drow elf lay dead in the hall, and a white dragon reared and roared, huffing hoar frost from its nostrils. More, a pair of large spindly black spiders formed from aether, conjured as if by magic.

OOC: Guran, Spec, and Fulgrim may make an Intelligence (Arcana) or Intelligence (Religion) DC 15 check to know the spell the drow cast. Fulgrim's turn, [MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION]! He can see but is still deafened.

e8pkds.jpg

https://goo.gl/photos/3n9ajNKT2eqUE7i7A

MAP KEY:
ILV = Drow female
J = Drow male
E = Crone ("Elf Crone")
w.k1 = Winged Kobold1
k = Kobold

Initiative:
Dark-skinned she-elf (ILV) 21
Fulgrim 20
Male drow (J) 16
Colden 14
Giant Spiders 14
Winged Kobold1 (w.k1) 12
Roscoe 11
Crone (E) 10
Guran 10
Spec 10
Kobolds 5
Dragon (D) 2

[sblock=DM]
Crone __/__
Dark-skinned she-elf -65/__ :)
Male drow -82/71 dead
Dragon -6/__
Kobold1 dead
Kobold2 dead
Kobold3 dead
Kobold4 dead
Winged Kobold1 7/7 -- sleeping
Winged Kobold2 dead
Kobold5 5/5
Kobold6 5/5

She-elf Concentration check 11 for darkness. Crone Concentration check 12 for silence[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Eep. That puts him at -41, which is an instant kill, according to Massive Damage rules. Note to self: when you see a dragon, run. I spent my inspiration earlier; I don't see options here.

"Well this is alright," says Spec to himself, as the dragon pulls away. "They're retreating." He's heartened by this shift. Things had been looking bad there for a moment.

But then the dragon turned, and then it breathed. Spec was caught full in the icy blast. The tune of the hymn he had been singing was still playing in his thoughts as they numbed to darkness.

Spec had been in this world a few days, brought by mysterious forces that were surely in the thrall of Fharlanghn himself. He had met doughty companions, and fought beside them. It was an adventure, and it had been a journey. Yet he had never seen daylight here, and never seen the sun drop below the horizon on the road he was travelling.

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Waiting for the results of Guran's save. If he goes down too, Fulgrim is probably retreating.

In the meantime, Intelligence (Arcana) = [roll0]

Remove ads