D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

Initiative:
Guran 19
Orc 14
Roscoe 10
Fulgrim 10
Spec 5
Colden 4

"That'll teach us not to try to sleep inside this fortress," Guran commented. He took out a new torch from his pack and lit it, then moved 25 feet toward the west. He stopped in front of the door to one of the rooms flanking the hallway, then called to Fulgrim. "What do we want to do, people? I only saw one orc, and I think the orc only saw me. I think this means they don't know our numbers. Wherever they are, we'll probably be walking into a prepared welcome. Should we finish our night's sleep outside, where they might not think to look for us, before springing their defenses -- or hit 'em now before they're fully ready?" Guran paused, giving the others a chance to weigh in.

The corridor and hallway went quiet. The only sound to be heard now came from the antechamber, where the others were waking and preparing themselves. There was no sign of the fleeing orc.

OOC: I have declared actions from Spec and Roscoe. You two may edit if you like. The north door in the antechamber the party slept in is potentially an exit from Stonefast into the outside world. Not sure if you meant that "north" door or another. Your antechamber is Room 2 on the map. Let me know if I can clarify.

Still need actions for Fulgrim and Colden this round.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: sorry if I wasn't clear. My intention was for Spec to turn on a light in room 2 (where we were) and then to move into the neighbouring room to prevent anyone circling around and ambushing the party. I thought he could do that through the north door (potentially an exit), but if not, then through another door. It also leaves him in a position to follow the others if he sees everyone move somewhere else!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Stymied, he then completes his move by returning to the group. "Looks like no one will be coming through there" he says, and starts to move out into the hallway.

Spec moved into the hallway. As he did, he noticed a stirring of air to his right, just ten feet beyond the open door to the group's resting chamber. Another antechamber, ten feet square by the look of it, stood beyond an open oak door banded in steel. Like his resting chamber, this room also had a door inset in the northern wall, only the new brass door was broken down and left hanging open. If the lack of light filtering through the room's open door anything to go by, it was either night or an underground cave lay beyond the brass door.

OOC: This is Room 1, also called the "first antechamber." I believe the group left the doors open, so that is what I described.

Forged Fury

First Post
Fulgrim frowned. "We'll never catch it with these stubby legs of ours. But inside setting up camp outside the Hold a little obvious? What if we used the secret room we discovered with the church tithes? It didn't look like anyone else knew about that room. We close up the door and no one would be the wiser. Shouldn't have to rest too much longer, right?"

The dwarf mage's mind couldn't help wander back to the new spells he had been working on before the interruption. He had been trying to understand several spells for some time and had finally made a break through with two spells: one of alarm and the other producing magical missiles.

Colden continued strapping on armor but was nowhere near close to having that task completed in so short a time. Having tried and failed to get the north door to budge open, Spec walked out into the hallway. Other than the light given off by Spec's spell, the hallway was dark. And quiet.

Fulgrim, who was closest to the junction of Hallway A and Corridor C, noticed a splatter of blood on the floor. There were, he could see, other blood splatters trickled here and there every few feet in Corridor C leading south.

OOC: END OF INITIATIVE. PLEASE POST AT WILL.

Remove ads