• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

Initiative:
Guran 19
Orc 14
Roscoe 10
Fulgrim 10
Spec 5
Colden 4

OOC: Everyone is up. If I think it's necessary, I'll pause to adjudicate Guran's and the orc's actions, then pause to permit Roscoe, Fulgrim, Spec, and Colden to restate their actions. Please go ahead and everyone say what they want to do now, though.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Having been shaken awake by Fulgrim, and having seen Fulgrim's expression, Guran rises as silently as he can and goes to the hallway, listening as he moves. He hears the sounds coming from the hallway. Drawing a handaxe, he lets himself out of the room and takes aim with the axe at the solitary (?) orc.
OOC: Let's try this: "Why did it have to be falchions?" (Dang, there's no poetry to that one.) OK, never mind. :)

Glancing aside briefly at Fulgrim, Guran draws his arm back to attack by throwing the axe, giving Fulgrim the slightest opportunity to stop him if the mage has some different idea about what to do.
[OOC: Assuming the orc can neither see nor hear Guran, I'm going to roll as though Guran has Advantage on his first attack; and I'll include a sneak attack damage die as well. If wrong, please disregard the second attack roll and the second d6.]
tohit - [roll0] or [roll1]
dmg. - [roll2] and SA [roll3]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Also, Guran vocalizes just after he attacks. It's something like, "Oof, you Doof!" Anyway, his exclamation should be loud enough to be heard by the others in the antechamber room. Hence, if they weren't awake before, they should be quickly -- at least soon enough to act on their turns.

Edit to add: Guran doesn't move from his spot just outside the doorway. He's not sure just how he should act to protect the others, but letting the orc barrel into the antechamber before the others get to their feet seems wrong.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
When it is his turn to act, Spec from his position at the back calls down sacred flame upon the foe.

[[DC 13 Dex save or [roll0] radiant damage.]]

Forged Fury

First Post
Fulgrim advanced around the edge of the door and moved in front of Guran. The mage hadn't taken the time to check to see if his companions had worn their armor while sleeping, but knew for a fact that he was wearing his scale. Lining up a shot, he fired a blast of magical flame.

OOC: Cast Fire Bolt
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

ETA: If Fulgrim is able to put himself between Guran and the orc, he will use his reaction to cast shield if the orc hits him.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Colden brushes sleep from his eyes and reaches for his handaxe.

[sblock=ooc] he will throw axe at orc or another target if required/able

[roll0] [roll1]

[/sblock]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: Any torches would have gone out by now. Can humans and halflings see the orc in the dark? This might be a good time to restate an action. I'm thinking that perhaps Father Spec might be a good candidate to provide illumination; but then, I'm prejudiced in favor of the "Light" cantrip, so that might be my prejudice talking.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
If it's dark, Spec instinctively taps the wall and illuminates the room with his divine power.

EDIT: that would replace the attack before, I guess; so be it -- he needs to see.

Remove ads