D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

SURPRISE ROUND

The majority of the night is quiet. Members of the party take turns resting and eating. Twenty minutes into Fulgrim's shift, however, he hears the clatter of metal on stonework coming from somewhere outside the antechamber. This sound is quickly followed by grunting and snuffling. Fulgrim checks the hallway and spots an orc in Hallway A, 35' to the west. The creature has its back turned to the dwarven mage, and is bent over picking up a falchion.

COMBAT!

OOC: This is the surprise round. Fulgrim is awake and has spotted the orc, so he may act during the surprise round by taking either a move or a standard action. Fulgrim is standing in the doorway of the antechamber. The orc does not appear to have seen Fulgrim. There is currently no light source; it's dark.

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: I knew that 1 was going to be trouble! Since we're in a small room, can I wake Guran with my action? I'll post as if I can and edit if that's not allowed.

Fulgrim frowned, although he was pleased they had finally spotted an orc. He had begun to think the whole orc thing was a wild goose chase after the insects, undead, and dragon tracks they had uncovered so far. Reaching over, he tried to gently ease Guran awake, figuring his fellow dwarf would be fine operating without any light.

Fulgrim recognized the two blocks of writing on the vellum scroll. The arcane markings are spells. The first spell on the vellum spell scroll is rope trick. The second spell is web.

Guran awoke to Fulgrim forcibly shaking him. Fulgrim gestured at the door leading to Hallway A. Clearly, something was out there, for just a moment later Guran heard movement coming from the hall.

End of the surprise round. Everyone, roll initiative.

Remove ads