D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

OOC: Watch order: Spec, Guran, Colden, Roscoe, then Fulgrim. No one other than Guran indicated an interest in opening the brass door on the north wall, but Guran can try to open it if he wants. As stated on the previous page of this thread, I will permit Advantage if two of you who are trained work as a pair to try to pick the lock on the stone chest, but both of you will need to roll some species of saving throw. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it (let me know who tries to pick the lock, and when).

Forged Fury, you asked how long it takes to scribe new spells learned as a result of leveling up into Fulgrim's spellbook. I just had a long look at my hardcover, including the index, and the table of contents. Best I can tell, the DM gets to do whatever she wants with respect to scribing new level-up spells into a spellbook. Pages 115 and 186 were the most relevant of those I looked at (and even then only partially so). It looks to me like 5e emulates AD&D, in that there is room for a DM to require "training" at a cost of gold and time before a character can level up. I'll just be honest here, however. I don't really care to fuss about training in a PbP environment. I think Fulgrim should spend one (1) hour scribing spells gained as a result of level-up into his spellbook, at a cost of zero (0) gp. When Fulgrim finds a scroll or a different spellbook and wishes to transcribe a spell gained during adventuring, however, it will take him the amount of time and gold prescribed by 5e (two hours and 50 gp per spell level). I like the latter rule because it's in keeping with the old AD&D tenet, which is that magic is expensive.

Skarsgard

Explorer
[sblock=ooc] I think long rest has to be 8 hrs. So 2 hour shifts with some overlap at changeover would probably be good. Colden will help with the lock but after the rest. [/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Fulgrim will use his watch time to scribe in his spellbook. He'd also like to take a look at the unopened scroll case they found earlier.

After Fulgrim finished scribing in his spellbook, he extracted the battered metal scroll tube from his pack. The red wax seal was intact. Fulgrim inspected the seal for markings, and, finding none, broke it. Bits of red wax curled into leaves and flaked away from the tube, falling in Fulgrim's lap. Inside the tube was a rolled up length of vellum. Fulgrim extracted the vellum. Once he had it unrolled, he saw that it was a sheet approximately ten inches wide and two feet long. It seemed to contain arcane markings in colored ink. There were two distinct blocks of writing. The top section consisted only of brown and black inked writing, some of which was marred by water stains. There was a space between the top and bottom section on the parchment. The bottom section was brilliantly illustrated in colored inks, and had arcane sketches and odd runic writing along the edges. One of the illustrations was of a shadowy web.
GM: 1r.t2w

The group settled in to rest. Some of them slept, others ate and closed their eyes. Fulgrim spent half of Spec's shift quietly writing in his spellbook. The sound of Fulgrim's quill scritching on parchment was the only sound that filled the dark for over an hour. Spec spent his two hours on guard listening and watching, but nothing untoward could be heard in the hallway beyond the antechamber, and no creature bothered the group during his watch. When his two hours expired, Spec woke Guran for his watch.

Remove ads