• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

Forged Fury

First Post
Fulgrim followed the seam around the sarcophagus. He had a theory, but wanted to confirm it. Talking to himself, he said, "No, we won't be opening the sarcophagus, but the secret concerning it may not require it."

GM: Describe Fulgrim's movement and action/s inside the room as he walks the perimeter, and give me an Intelligence (History) DC 15 check, and make sure you include Fulgrim's stonecunning.

Last edited:

Skarsgard

Explorer
"This is another issue entirely, but can anyone determine if the glaive we found will work on that spectral elf?" Colden asks. "It may be prudent for us to use it and if there are no objections I will wield it in case we come up against it again."

Forged Fury

First Post
Fulgrim walked around the sarcophagus in a clockwise direction, examining the seam to see if it goes all the way around.

OOC:
[roll=Intelligence (History)]1d20+6[/roll]

Fulgrim walked the 5'-wide perimeter of the sarcophagus in clockwise fashion. The dwarf mage followed the seam with his eyes up the west side and then the north side of the sarcophagus. An oddity in the northeastern corner of the room caught his attention. He bent to give the corner of the sarcophagus closer inspection, and found a pivot point. From the look of it, the seam paused at the pivot point of the northeastern corner of the sarcophagus, then picked back up again to run the rest of the perimeter around the tomb.

The moment Fulgrim lifted his foot to take another step, however, a pressure plate in the floor gave way that he hadn't noticed. Two things happened in tandem. The sarcophagus pivoted clockwise, revealing an opening on its west side (and simultaneously sealing off the northwestern edge of the room's perimeter). Spec, who had remained in the open doorway, noted a set of uneven stone steps descending into darkness. Unfortunately, the second thing to happen was that the floor beneath Fulgrim gave way, sending the dwarf falling 15' into a pool of water in the dark.

The pool of water did not have a bottom that Fulgrim immediately detected. His eyesight didn't fail him, however, and he discerned that the pit he's fallen into is a natural cavern with irregular rock walls. The cavern stretched to the east and to the north. Fulgrim could make out a far wall about 20' to the northeast. The wall to the immediate west, however, is smooth and has been fashioned by a stonemason.

OOC: Make an Athletics check to swim, at disadvantage because Fulgrim is wearing scale mail. The suffocating rules in 5e are on pp 183. Fulgrim can hold his breath for 4 minutes. After that, he has 3 rounds before he drops to 0 hit points and is dying. I think (some of the phrasing seems to conflict, and where it does I wish to err on the side of generosity since this is a potentially lethal trap). Read it and let me know in the OOC.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: If it matters, Spec entered the room in post 700:
Spec enters the room, and runs his fingers over the carvings on the side of the sarcophagus, feeling the path where hammer and chisel made there way so long ago. The texture is smoother than he expected, telling him something about both the quality of the workmanship, and the purity of the stone.

Remove ads