D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: [roll0]
Welp...

Fulgrim examined the slime. Spotting the rope, he made to cast a mage hand to grab it when he noticed the ripples in the water.

Skarsgard

Explorer
[roll0]

Colden curses loudly as he hears the sounds from the hallway. "I think we have company!" he turns to father Spec, "I've got the rope."

[sblock=action] Colden will ready for Fulgrim to grab the rope and help haul him up [/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Spec initiative: [roll0].

Spec's priority will be to get Fulgrim out of the pit as quickly as possible. He's not a strong man, but he's willing to help Colden pull Fulgrim out of the trap.

OOC: So between Guidance (post 734) and helping (here), Colden should have advantage+1d4 on any skill check this turn.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Hearing the sounds of the hands coming along the hallway, Guran steps back out into the hallway to look. He draws a handaxe, steps up behind Roscoe in order to get an attack angle to one side of Roscoe, and attacks the one of the crawling hands that Roscoe did not attack. (Thrown handaxe.)
[roll0]
[roll1]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: . . . and again I forgot to add in Sneak Attack damage. Darned Rogue class, anyway. . . .
Please add 1d6 to the above, as applicable. (Guran has an ally, Roscoe, within 5 feet of the target.)

ROUND 1

Initiative:
Roscoe 22
Spec 15
Guran 12
Hands 12
Colden 6
Creature 5
Fulgrim 4

Roscoe darted forward 15' and attacked one of the hands at the end of the hall with his short sword. The barbarian brought his blade crashing down, chopping the skittering hand in twain. A severed index finger twitched but the hand otherwise moved no more. Guran stepped out of the sarcophagus room and shuttled forward 25'. The dwarf drew his handaxe as he moved. He stopped directly behind Roscoe--who stood in the square immediately in front of the hands--and flicked his handaxe at the remaining hand in the dogleg. The axe struck true, sending a spray of bones and minced bits of flesh. The second hand was obliterated.

Four more creeping hands, however, scuttled down the corridor from the north. Hand 1 was affixed to the ceiling in the dogleg, and dropped on top of Roscoe but missed. Hand 2 entered the dogleg and clambered over its severed colleagues, affixing itself to Roscoe's shin and clawing for all it was worth, dealing 4 points of damage. Hand 3 skittered sideways along the southside wall of the hallway in the dogleg. Its fingers waggled at Guran, then a beat later the creeping hand leapt forward at the dwarf's face, but missed. Hand 4 used its claws to latch tight on the stone masonry of the ceiling, and it darted along the ceiling (10' high) over top Roscoe's and Guran's heads. It moved at a good clip down the hallway ceiling, toward the east.
OOC: No OA for Roscoe on Hand 3 because it has yet to move out of Roscoe's reach. No attack for either Roscoe or Guran on Hand 4 because you're both too short, and neither of you is currently armed with a weapon that makes a melee attack and can reach the ceiling.

Up top, Spec intoned a prayer to his god and stood ready to aid Colden. Colden made ready to start hauling up Fulgrim. Fulgrim cast mage hand.
OOC: By my read of mage hand, Fulgrim can cast the spell and grab the rope on Round 1. On Round 2, Fulgrim can use an action to direct the hand to him on the ledge. Let me know if you believe the spell works differently. Also, a note for everyone: feel free to provide your own roll for variables like guidance. Colden gets +1 from guidance and will have advantage on a Strength (Athletics) check to haul up Fulgrim (@Skarsgard, please provide an Athletics check with advantage). [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION], which deity does Spec worship? I didn't see it on his sheet (but I think there was a discussion in the IC a long while ago?).

Down below in the pool, a large green pincer burst out of the water 10' away from Fulgrim. The pincer was affixed to a spindly arm with grey scales dotting its length, but the remainder of the creature lurked beneath the water and was unseen. The pincer missed, then shot beneath the water.

OOC: End of Round 1. Please post at will and I'll resolve in init order. Start of Round 2.

GM:
Hand A
Hand B
Hand 1 FULL UP
Hand 2 FULL UP
Hand 3 FULL UP
Hand 4 FULL UP
Creature FULL UP

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: We're in agreement on mage hand. I think Spec worships Farlanghan, who is a Greyhawk god. I've always liked to think that Spec is a planar displaced cleric.

"Uh...." was all Fulgrim could manage when the claw swiped at him. Redoubling his efforts, the mage mentally commanded his mage hand to bring him the rope.

OOC: If hit by the claw, Fulgrim will use shield in an effort to prevent the attack from hitting.

Remove ads