Centaur Paladin and Special Mount

That's something else that's bugging me. Remove disease, out the wazoo. Really, I mean, it's nice that paladins can heal the sick, but it's not really that flashy of an ability. It's certainly not flashy enough to deserve to be granted 5 times a week, when other powers could be instead. I mean, I'm 20th level, and wow, now I can heal another disease.

I think that one of these days I'll get around to rewriting that whole class from level 5 and up. Levels 1 through 4 are okay. :)

WanderingMonster

First Post
Okay, so the centaur paladin doesn't get a mount, and he doesn't get a rider, see? Instead he gets a Huge animated cart with siderunners so he can lie comfortably on top of it and rest his hooves.

Centaur Paladin Cart
Huge Construct

Hit Dice: 10d10 (55 hp)
Initiative: -1 (Dex)
Speed: 60 ft. (wheels), swim 30 ft.
AC: 17 (-2 size, -1 Dex, +10 natural)
Attacks: Slam +9 melee
Damage: Slam 2d6+5
Face/Reach: 10 ft. by 20 ft./10 ft. (long)
Special Attacks: Trample
Special Qualities: Construct immunities, empathic link, hardness 5, improved evasion, share saving throws, share spells
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +1, Will -3 (or paladin's saves, whichever is higher)
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 8, Con --, Int 6, Wis 1, Cha 1

WanderingMonster

First Post
RangerWickett said:
That's something else that's bugging me. Remove disease, out the wazoo. Really, I mean, it's nice that paladins can heal the sick, but it's not really that flashy of an ability. It's certainly not flashy enough to deserve to be granted 5 times a week, when other powers could be instead. I mean, I'm 20th level, and wow, now I can heal another disease.

Hoof and Mouth. Chronic Wasting Disease. Mad Cow. Anthrax. Any ungulate with half a brain is going to be thrilled with this non-flashy ability. Sheesh.

Unable to decide...

I don't know which to offer as advice: A) for RW to keep up the 'good work', thus keeping us all on our toes and entertained; or B) RW should switch to decaf before his head explodes, thus depriving us of... um... Ok, so A it is then! ;) :p :D

Hatchling Dragon

Oh, you can just bet that I'm waiting for the release date of Tooth and Claw to approach, so I can begin posting fake spoilers, such as rules for Centaur paladins. :)

Plus the Centaur template, so now any character can have centaur ancestry.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Okay, so what if the Centaur has a 20 Dexterity, and a bunch of ranks in Escape artist. Can it mount itself that way? I will consciously try not to mentally picture that.

If I could mount myself I'd never leave the house!

Rashak Mani

First Post
Tooth and Claw would be a good supplement for any DM... how to boost and min max creatures and monsters... as for the poor centaur so many rules and skills go wierd... like does he make a ride check in order not to fall overboard or a balance check ? :) Nevermind paladin mounts !!

I'm just going to write some feats that use it like DotF uses Turning. They should be pretty powerfull since they only refresh every week. Maybe some will have Turning feats as a prereq.

RangerWickett said:

I think that one of these days I'll get around to rewriting that whole class from level 5 and up. Levels 1 through 4 are okay. :)

Alejandro

First Post
We use Central Casting, a background random-generator. One of the perks that has come up before is immunity to disease. Maybe those touched by paladins become immune to all normal diseases. T'would be a hell of a role-playing perk.

Remove ads