• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CEP Issues

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
So at 146 MB, I can't remember if that will fit on a CD. I'm going to have to get a friend to download it for me if it is. On dial-up, that takes about 7 hours and I get autobooted from my ISP after ~4. :(

Lazybones

Adventurer
Note also that there are numerous download manager programs that will allow you to restart interrupted downloads. Sounds like you could DL it over two nights, or while you're at work.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Lazybones, the standard windows download will usually do it for me. It hasn't worked properly with CEP, though, and I can't isolate the variable that's messed up.

I posted a comment at NWVault that maybe they could consider breaking the CEP into smaller chunks. One might think that rational people would have done that when they saw the size of the file.

Greylock

First Post
It does fit on a cd. That's how I got it. Of course, then they released the patch ;p. Even that is a mega-download, but it is quicker than the main package.

I also find the Official patches to be difficult. I have to download them to my desktop then run them.

Celia_Gyweth

First Post
I'm curious...

Some of you play NWN in multiplayer mode online, via dial-up? That seems rather impossible to me, so perhaps I am not reading recent posts properly?

Greylock

First Post
Yeppers, I play on dial-up. Not as big a hinderance as I once thought it would be. Fact is, I played only SP mods forever, mainly afeared that online play would be impossible using dial-up. It's not so bad, really. There is increased lag, which can sometimes interfere with party play in a crowded PW, but it's doable. I've only been knocked of-line a handful of times due to connection issues.

Steel_Wind said:
*cough* You ain't seen nothing yet. *cough* ;)

The long-awaited new DL mod? Looking forward to it, especially dem horses ya'll have promised us.

Chaz

First Post
Celia_Gyweth said:
Some of you play NWN in multiplayer mode online, via dial-up? That seems rather impossible to me, so perhaps I am not reading recent posts properly?
Yeah... ive always been dialup. I usualy have a pretty good connection for the most part.

Peace

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads