Ceramic DM, and you're invited! (Postponed! See post #117)

Sigurd

First Post
I assumed 'monday we start' meant monday we start. :cool:

72 hours seems precise enough that I'm thinking, see it early - think a bit - write a bit offline - think abit - rewrite offline then go.

I'll happly take the next set of pics you have.

Sigurd.

Course if my opponent\partner needs more time, I'm cool with that but I'd love to get a ball park idea.

So far the pics look interesting!

alsih2o

First Post
MarauderX said:
Whenever is good for me, but since this is permission to be picky, can we wait until after Wednesday for our match?

Big, broad statements like "after Wednesday" go over well. :) It is the "Tuesday, between 4:45 and 5:15 AM" stuff that bugs me. :)

Sigurd- We try and stagger it a bit, or else folks are left impatient for judging. Most people consider waiting for pics not nearly as stressful as waiting for judgement. :) (at least I do)

More pics tomorrow. :)

BSF

Explorer
Staggered stories are good. Remember that the judges have to make time to read the stories then decide which they liked better. When you have 16 stories roll in all at the same time, it is difficult to judge in a timely manner.

Sigurd

First Post
Absolutely

No worries.

I can see the benefits to everyone if you stagger the list.

I appreciate the efforts of everyone, I'm just eager to see what sort of narrative origami I'm in for :).

S

BigTom

First Post
I will be ready whenever the pics appear, but sooner is better than later for me.

It's the 5000 word limit I keep seeing that has me worried. My story last time was almost twice that.

I am guessing that this time you are trying to give the judges a bit of a break from the monster length stories that we had in the last contest?

Maldur

First Post
Clay just doesnt read that fast, and dont get me talking about piratecat.....so slow (and his excuse: "pacing himself", is starting to erach the broken record stage:p).

Berandor

lunatic
alsih2o said:
Huh?

Oh, and- Huh?
Huh?

As for the pickiness: For me, it comes with the "free form" part. If I start stating my preferences, I will do so detailedly. If you say "pics up tuesday night", I'm fine with that - it's your contest.
So, feel free to disregard any remark of mine in that venue. Just post the pics. Beginning tomorrow, that is. :)

(No, really. If you put out a time list, I'll defer to that. I thought that went without saying.)

orchid blossom

Explorer
Berandor said:
As for the pickiness: For me, it comes with the "free form" part. If I start stating my preferences, I will do so detailedly. If you say "pics up tuesday night", I'm fine with that - it's your contest.
So, feel free to disregard any remark of mine in that venue. Just post the pics. Beginning tomorrow, that is. :)

(No, really. If you put out a time list, I'll defer to that. I thought that went without saying.)

Ditto Berandor. If you throw out a time, I'll deal. No day is so bad that I won't have time to get something done. I tend to be an over-explainer though, so ask me preferences and I tend to be specific. Really, as long as I'm forewarned, I'm cool.

alsih2o

First Post
OK, apologies from me.

I was trying to be funny about picking times. That was all. I promise. If you go back to past Ceramic DM's where I was a writer you will see I act just like each and every one of you. Everyone is being great in my book.

I think my sense of humor just didn't come across in print. I am offended by noone and hope I didn't offend. :)

4 smilies, really, go check. :)

Remove ads