• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ceramic DM- The Renewal ( Final judgement posted)

Sialia

First Post
I also vote for patience. I like the three judges, and I don't mind waiting, although a heads up when something will take unusually long is a nice courtesy.

And in cases where a critique is burdensome, I don't mind a judgement that's pretty brief.

Maldur usually manages to sum up his feelings in a line or two. It doesn't give a lot of fine detail, but it sure tells you whether the story mostly worked or mostly didn't.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Firelance vs NiTessine commentary and Eeralai vs Mythago judgment sent to Alsih2o. :)

I've definitely been the roadblock, and I apologize for that. I know how frustrating it is as a competitor to be waiting. My backlog isn't endemic, it's situational . . . not that that's any consolation to someone who has worn out their refresh button. I'm trying to provide fairly detailed critiques, for what it's worth.

I think a pretty good rule of thumb is that judge decisions should be in within three days of the story being posted, preferably two.

Last edited:

Hellefire

First Post
Maybe a note in the FAQ that judgements take 3-7 days to be compiled and posted, on average, with a disclaimer that situations sometimes arise that add to that estimate. Mainly for newcomers I suppose, but knowing is half the battle, and it could help this not be a recurring discussion.

Aaron

BSF

Explorer
I can do that. Of course, it is a thread so anybody can do that. :) But I could edit it into a post at the top. (Of course, so could any moderator. Including Piratecat. So that isn't very special either.)

I will see if I can get a general guideline dropped into the FAQ thread and then we can worry about more details later.

Hellefire

First Post
Yes it would be lovely. As well as when the next one is...I want to try again :). Though if I survive a first round it looks like I will get mauled in the second. Anyway, despite all of my technicalities, I really enjoy this!

Aaron

Maldur

First Post
I sent in my last open judgement as well.

I'm sorry taht some of my judgement went late, I send it from work, typing in Clays email , without looking it up, so I might have fubared there :(

In defense, this seems to be the most chaotic ceramic contest to date. Murphy is having a fieldday on this one.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads