Ceramic DM- The Renewal ( Final judgement posted)

Eeralai

First Post
mythago said:
Eeralai, I don't think your story was broken. I don't much like that genre and I did enjoy your story.

Thanks, Mythago. That makes me feel good. Perhaps we will cross typos again in the distant future. But I think BSF is itching to play after missing two competitions in a row.

FireLance

Legend
alsih2o said:
I just wish there was more to the ending. It is a really strong story that gets tied together in what seems to be a rush.

Piratecat said:
Ultimately, I don’t find the plot of the story or the resolution to be
tremendously satisfying. It seems driven by the pictures to a great extent,
and that’s always a tough barrier to get over.

Thanks to the judges for the comments, and my apologies that I took so long to get round to saying so!

I have to admit that the ending of my story was a little rushed. It is a particular weakness for me. I think part of the problem was that I was playing around with too many themes: the horror of war, the protagonist's growing understanding and appreciation of her uncle, and the uses of illusion.

The bit about "the spells that won the War" (fly and invisibility were specifically named) and the presence of an evoker was an obscure tribute to all invisible, flying, fireballing mages out there - may your DMs always be able to come up with new and interesting challenges. :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
FireLance said:
I think part of the problem was that I was playing around with too many themes: the horror of war, the protagonist's growing understanding and appreciation of her uncle, and the uses of illusion.

It's tough to write about the horrors of war when you have the amusing image of retired familiars. :)

alsih2o

First Post
Mythago Vs. Thorod Ashstaff

Semi-final round, time to get mean.

5 pics, 72 hours, 6000 word limit.

Attachments

• I-I-I-I-stayin'aivestayin'alive.JPG
    I-I-I-I-stayin'aivestayin'alive.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 174
  • everybody-polkanaked!.JPG
    everybody-polkanaked!.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 250
  • magicmushroomhasawholenewmeaning.JPG
    magicmushroomhasawholenewmeaning.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 195
  • Theresaholetheresaholetheresahole.JPG
    Theresaholetheresaholetheresahole.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 224
  • timetogetyourfeetwet.JPG
    timetogetyourfeetwet.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 186

BSF

Explorer
Thorod, to make that proper smacktalk you need a little more phrasing.

Crackin' the knuckles, prayin' that the ink from my opponent's veins is sufficient sacrifice to appease the mighty Muse.

Or something like that. ;)

Remove ads