• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ceramic DM

Hellefire

First Post
Hi, for anyone who remembers me. I have been gone for a while, due to real life issues (mainly close friends deaths, which is a sign of aging I guess).

I was wondering how the Ceramic DM competition is going these days, and when the next one will be. It's about time to hone my writing skills :).

Aaron

Hellefire

First Post
yes it does

Sounds like time for another. How about it guys? How many of the CDM regulars are around? I realize I just got back from a year away from ENWorld, but I assume some are still kicking?
Any judges/etc up for the job?

Aaron

There was actually a Ceramic DM from earlier in the year that has gone missing (lost in the crash I assume). I can verify this as I was a judge. :) It was run by Berandor and Rodrigo Istalindir was the winner over maxfieldjadenfox from memory.

I believe though that Berandor was looking to hang up the gloves though at the end of it - a shame as I thought he ran an exciting and well organised competition..

I'd put my hand up for judging once more but I am sure there are others more competent than myself. Judging is an awful lot of work and not as simple as one would think; but at the same time very rewarding.

Dannyalcatraz said:
What is this Ceramic DM of which you speak?
It is a writing competition where competitors are given a selection of disparate pictures and given a short period of time to come up with a story using those pictures. Think "Iron Chef" if you have ever seen the cooking program but instead of ingredients you get images, instead of a meal, you get a story. :) There's a really nice link of the past competiton's but at the moment, I cannot find it.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

yangnome

First Post
If we do get one together, I'd like to compete. I've been waiting for the next bout. If we are short on judges, I would also be willing to pass on writing and judge this time.

Hellefire

First Post
Good to see

Good to see some of the old faces around. While I would judge in a pinch, I don't know that I am nearly qualified. To date I have competed in two Ceramic DMs, and lost both on the first round (though I was proud of my work in both). Anyway, hope others pop up as well. Good to 'see' you guys again :).

Aaron

Agent Oracle

First Post
I'd love to be involved with this one! perhaps... perhaps, we could allow this one to be a little more, shall we say, open?

Thus far, every ceramic / iron / lyric DM has had very few open slots for contestants.

Why not have 10 open spots, then let the judges narrow it down to the top 3, and then let the public vote on those 3?

There was a crowd of old ENWorlder Ceramic DM participants at Alsih2o's forums. There was a Ceramic DM going on (I was participating) but the boards seem to be down.

I'd be willing to judge the next go-around. Herreman, your judgements were awesome. Eeralai and maxfieldjadenfox and I were just lamenting their loss from the Crash of '06. They were as much fun to read as the stories!

Remove ads