• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ceramic DM

Berandor

lunatic
"My" Ceramic DM was lost? Sacrilege!

I'm not even a lurker here anymore, but depending on the time frame and size of the competition, I'd be willing to offer a helping hand. I'll make sure my E-Mail is correct, so if you need me, give me a call.

Sorry, off on vacation and not checking in very often.

How about we shoot for the first round to start the 7th of September. Everyone (in the States anyway) ought to be done with summer vacations and such by then, and be back from any holiday weekend travel over Labor Day.

I'll start looking for pictures in the meantime. If there are 16 contestants, we could do:

Round 1a (Contestants 1-8, 4 sets of pictures, 8 stories) : Start 7 September, end 10 September, Judgements by 14 September
Round 1b (Contestants 9-16, 4 sets of pictures, 8 stories): Start 14 September, end 17 September, Judgements by 21 September

Round 2 (8 contestants, 4 sets of pictures, 8 stories): Start 22 September, end 25 September, Judgements by 28 September

Round 3 (4 Contestants, 2 sets of pictures, 4 stories): Start 29 September, end 2 October, judgements by 5 October

Final Round (2 contestants, 1 set of pictures, 2 stories): Start 6 October, end 9 October.

I'd prefer 3 judges plus me; if one of the judges is going to miss their deadline then I'll break any ties between the remaining two judges. We can take alternates for the 1st round if that many are interested.

How's that sound?

Hellefire

First Post
gaining momentum

OK, so far looks like Rodrigo organizing, Herreman and Berandor judging, and Yangnome judging if no one else steps in.

Sign me up to compete :).

Actually, I guess I'll leave that up to Rodrigo since he's running the thing, lemme know if you're going to start a sign-up thread so I can watch for it, as if I won't be anyway :).

Can I get one more smiley :)

Oh yeah, fear me! (if I ever get past round one)

Aaron

Hellefire

First Post
bystander comments

By the way, for anyone who doesn't know...most, if not all, authors appreciate constructive criticism of their work. The second Ceramic DM I was in I faded out because of RL tragedies, but in my first Ceramic DM (and I'll try to in this one also) I posted my own criticisms/picks for every story. I think I waited until the official judgements were in to post them though, so as not to get in the way of the judges opinions. However ya do it, authors appreciate you reading their creations, and commenting on them. Also, makes those eternal hours/days waiting for a judgement more bearable :).

Aaron

maxfieldjadenfox

First Post
Is it too late to say I want to play if it happens? I'm sooo sad about the other contest, and waiting to see what happens with the site, but meanwhile I have a Jones to write a somewhat coherent story based on disparate pictures... :)

And Herreman, even though you sacrificed me to Lady Death last time, it was sure fun to read your judgements!

Hellefire

First Post
so far

So far we have Rodrigo organizing, a few offers to judge, and a few offers to participate. So yeah its still open, though Rodrigo is running this shindig, so we'll see how he does sign-ups.

Aaron

Berandor

lunatic
Well, I'm not sure I could give you eight judgements within 4 days, but other than that, I'd be up for it – if you'll have me. :)

I'm open to modifying the schedule. I know 8 in four days is a bitch to judge, but I'd like to (A) schedule around weekends so that everyone has a fair shake at time to write, (B) open to 16 competitors if we get that many, and (C) I don't want people to lose interest/enthusiasm if it drags out too long.

For the first round that's split, you could actually take a week or longer for the judgements, since the pairings aren't set till the second half is done.

Think about the timing some more, judges, and let me know what would work better for you.

I'll post the sign-up thread on Monday when I'm not stuck using a 9.6kb dial-up connection :eek:

Remove ads