• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ceramic DM

Hellefire

First Post
Eeralai

Hey Eeralai, yeah I got your email. Sorry I haven't responded, just been waiting to hear when his board goes back up. You are going to compete in this CDM with me right??? :)

Aaron

maxfieldjadenfox said:
I hope you know I was just being silly... As I am wont to do. Your stories are always good and You kicked my behind fair and square in the last competition...:)

Heh..I was just playing off your 'I have a theory' line :p

Hellefire

First Post
stories

Well, it's not exactly a 'DnD' story. Take a look at old CDMs, or wait until you see the pictures and stories. The genre is relatively open (though the pictures of course have an influence on that) and most of the stories are based around an alteration of our world (though there are also many that are based around the authors mind-world).

Aaron

Deuce Traveler said:
I take it making a DnD story would be somewhat difficult since it isn't a flexible system. GURPS may be a better background.

It's pretty wide open. The only real rule is 'don't use a picture as a picture'. In other words, if one of the pictures for that round shows a big white whale, having a scene in the story where someone looks at a painting of 'Moby Dick' is going to cost you.

Other than that, go wild. We've had totally mundane stories (Sialia did some really nice ones last fall), science fiction, cyberpunk, horror, humor, high fantasy, whodunits, pretty much any genre you can think of. Even poetry.

tadk

Explorer
What a dear

Eeralai said:
Erasing your win was just an unfortunate side affect of trying to erase my pathetic stories from the board :) As far as the other board goes, I was just trying to save you or jaden from meeting with Rusted Tinker. All of his opponents seem to have met with an unfortunate demise before they were able to get anything posted :eek:

What a dear you are
How else do you think I was making it past Round 1. That was a first.
Now if I could get a few hair samples (including roots) from all competitors I will be ready to get started (cue manical laugh)

Time to start sewing, what color yarn do you want for your hair everyone :)

tadk

Explorer
Yeah

Rodrigo Istalindir said:
It's pretty wide open. The only real rule is 'don't use a picture as a picture'. In other words, if one of the pictures for that round shows a big white whale, having a scene in the story where someone looks at a painting of 'Moby Dick' is going to cost you.

Other than that, go wild. We've had totally mundane stories (Sialia did some really nice ones last fall), science fiction, cyberpunk, horror, humor, high fantasy, whodunits, pretty much any genre you can think of. Even poetry.

Yeah look how far writing poetry for CDM has gotten me so far Rodrigo
But of course it makes people cringe to compete with me because it is like Shiny red apples to my Banana Bread entries.....

Never mind how much fun BSF has juding my entries that way

Eeralai

First Post
Hellefire said:
Hey Eeralai, yeah I got your email. Sorry I haven't responded, just been waiting to hear when his board goes back up. You are going to compete in this CDM with me right??? :)

Aaron

I'm expecting our third baby at the end of September, so I have a full plate :) Otherwise, I would offer to help out with the judging.

Remove ads