• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ceramic DM

maxfieldjadenfox

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I'm open to modifying the schedule. I know 8 in four days is a bitch to judge, but I'd like to (A) schedule around weekends so that everyone has a fair shake at time to write, (B) open to 16 competitors if we get that many, and (C) I don't want people to lose interest/enthusiasm if it drags out too long.

For the first round that's split, you could actually take a week or longer for the judgements, since the pairings aren't set till the second half is done.

Think about the timing some more, judges, and let me know what would work better for you.

I'll post the sign-up thread on Monday when I'm not stuck using a 9.6kb dial-up connection :eek:

Please post a link to the sign up thread so I can find it... And hey, if you don't get enough judges, I think I could judge this time. Or not. Your choice, my purple prose or my divine wisdom. It's hard, I know. :)

Hellefire

First Post
old contests, spectators

I keep hearing about some posts/threads being lost but don't know the details. Some of the old ones seem to be available - I jsut wnated to let you know I have copies of all the stories from Winter, 2004 in case those were lost and anyone would like them.

Also, was wondering if we still do spectator threads or just mesh everything together?

/licking pencil
Ready to rumble :)

Aaron

The only stuff I'm aware of that was lost was the entirety of the last competition (Winter '06? I think we called it). Of course, that was the one I won, so I'm firmly convinced the server crash was a plot by Eeralai, maxfieldjadenfox, and the rest of the New Mexico Cabal to wipe my stunning prose from the archives. Hmmm...they were in the current round on Alsih2o's boards, which have also gone AWOL... :]

I do know that BSF stopped updating the master FAQ thread (not that I blame him -- it was a tremendous accomplishment to get it together to begin with), so it's not as comprehensive as it once was. Maybe after this competition we'll have some time and can see about rectifying that.

We used to do seperate spectator and competition threads so that judges weren't affected by third-party critiques, but eventually that stopped as I think it tended to fragment things, and I don't think the judges would have been unfairly influenced. I know when I was judging I just stopped reading the thread until I'd submitted for that round.

Last edited:

Eeralai

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
The only stuff I'm aware of that was lost was the entirety of the last competition (Winter '06? I think we called it). Of course, that was the one I won, so I'm firmly convinced the server crash was a plot by Eeralai, maxfieldjadenfox, and the rest of the New Mexico Cabal to wipe my stunning prose from the archives. Hmmm...they were in the current round on Alsih2o's boards, which have also gone AWOL... :]

Erasing your win was just an unfortunate side affect of trying to erase my pathetic stories from the board :) As far as the other board goes, I was just trying to save you or jaden from meeting with Rusted Tinker. All of his opponents seem to have met with an unfortunate demise before they were able to get anything posted :eek:

maxfieldjadenfox

First Post
Eeralai said:
Erasing your win was just an unfortunate side affect of trying to erase my pathetic stories from the board :) As far as the other board goes, I was just trying to save you or jaden from meeting with Rusted Tinker. All of his opponents seem to have met with an unfortunate demise before they were able to get anything posted :eek:

I am eternally in your debt, Eeralai, although I was relatively sure I was going to slaughter the competition (Did I say that out loud?). I had a theory (It might be bunnies....{if you don't get that reference it won't be funny anyway}) that Rodrigo, having engineered the crash to insure his title, was blaming us. Classic Agatha Christie stuff. Now that I see it was altruism on your part, I'm ever so much less peeved.

Eeralai

First Post
Hellefire, I sent you an email through enworld. I was wondering if you got it because I got something bounced from an email address I did not recognize. Anyway, if you didn't get it it was about the other site and saying good to see you here again :)

Remove ads