D&D 5E Ceremony Spell + Find Familiar = Familiars for everyone!

gyor

Legend
I realized the coolest thing a Wizard with Find Familiar memorized and the Ritual Caster: Cleric feat can do is grant other humanoids the Find Familiar Spell.

So you can grant the Fighter, Rogue, Barbarian, ect the ability to Find Familiar so they each can have their own familiar.

Something else cool that can be done with Ceremony spell is having the caster granting their first level spells to the party sorceror, who can then convert the spells into sorcery points.

Sorcerers convert spell slots, not spells, so that part of the trick wouldn't work.

Getting familiars for everyone on the other hand would work like a champ! A single Fireball hitting the party could wipe them all out though, and replacing them all takes a fair number of spell slots. So it's probably best to keep them out of harms way as much as possible.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Which class gets a Ring of Spell Storing as a class feature?

All of them! Everyone gets three attunement slots. :)

Same way every class can take the "Ritual Caster" feat.

Beside, the "Ceremony Spell" is from UA. It's not part of the class per se, but is an option that may be available. Much like a particular magic item.

gyor

Legend
All of them! Everyone gets three attunement slots. :)

Same way every class can take the "Ritual Caster" feat.

Beside, the "Ceremony Spell" is from UA. It's not part of the class per se, but is an option that may be available. Much like a particular magic item.

Its a safe bet it will end up in XGE.

Another cool thing, the Marriage Cermony is compatible with Polygamy as long as they all marry at the same time.

You can invest someone with Ceremony using Ceremony. A Favoured Soul could also use extend spell to double how long the effect lasts for. I think some uses of Cermony can be twinned.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
I thought twin spell eligibility was based on what the spell is capable of, not what it's being used for at the moment.

The Old Crow

Explorer
I realized the coolest thing a Wizard with Find Familiar memorized and the Ritual Caster: Cleric feat can do is grant other humanoids the Find Familiar Spell.

So you can grant the Fighter, Rogue, Barbarian, ect the ability to Find Familiar so they each can have their own familiar.

Now I sooo want top put this in my campaign; have little temples everywhere, where for a reasonable donation you too can have your very own a familiar. The rich, the powerful, the fashionable, will all have their very own spirit animal clinging to their sleeve as they make their way to meetings and parties. Stabbing your rivals familiar to "death" with a dessert fork will be the height of insult.

gyor

Legend
Now I sooo want top put this in my campaign; have little temples everywhere, where for a reasonable donation you too can have your very own a familiar. The rich, the powerful, the fashionable, will all have their very own spirit animal clinging to their sleeve as they make their way to meetings and parties. Stabbing your rivals familiar to "death" with a dessert fork will be the height of insult.

I love that!

Remove ads