CG vs. CN: Chaotic Good Is Victorious!

Infiniti2000

First Post
I'm in Providence and I forgot to bring the convenient spreadsheet I was using, but how does Vorel's position jive with the charger at 20n55e and GP at 40n55e? Also, wherever Vorel's goes, does he provoke an AoO because he becomes visible as he approaches 100ft of GP.

Anyway, GP's actions...he waits. The charger starts casting restoration defensively. [sblock] He cannot withstand another nasty breath weapon rider, and so he readies to greater dispel magic Vorel if Vorel starts casting. This will obviously affect Vorel but whether it affects the spell he's casting is another thing and is up to you. I don't think are any rules to govern it.

GP will still does this, regardless. [/sblock]
Your turn, Vorel.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Vorel will Yawn - alot.
lets see if it catches on and if GP is feeling sleepy...

I think Vorel is right on top of the charger, and out of reach of the general, If the charger is on the same plane ill have to change my previous move.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Gansk and Infiniti[sblock]On page 180 of the PHB, it states that spell-like abilities cannot be counterspelled, nor can they be used to counterspell.[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
EvilHalfling, there are two chargers: one on the ethereal plane which will likely no longer play a part in this combat and one on the material at 20n55e.

PJS, Gansk: [sblock] I know, but the counterargument is that that is a general rule and the specific rule of dispel magic overrides it. In other words, how can you say a creature has dispel magic as a SPA and then say it can't use part of that SPA? counterspelling is one of the functions of the spell, specifically.

In any case, what I was talking about I don't think has anything to do with counterspelling. If you're casting a spell and during that process get hit by a target dispel magic, does that casting get affected? Are you saying that would be considered a counterspell? I'm not sure. I've never formed a firm opinion on this. [/sblock]

Gansk

Explorer
Vorel is 10 feet away from the unicorn, but adjacent to GP.

GP takes an AoO and misses (natural 1).

I2K:[sblock]Dispel magic cannot dispel magic that hasn't finished yet. Only counterspells function that way. Since the PHB disallows SPA counterspells, GP cannot use greater dispel magic to interrupt Vorel's casting.[/sblock]

GP's turn before the sleep gas.

Remove ads