• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chameleon questions

Pariah

First Post
I've been searching the boards using google for a definitive answer to these questions, but I cannot find anything other than one lone Cust Serv response.

1) When the Divine Focus description says " You gain the ability to prepare and cast divine spells, which may be chosen from the spell list of any divine spellcasting class. " Does that mean you could memorize a paladin spell, druid spell, and cleric spell in one day?

I have already researched this to the best of my ability, and that's what all the Chameleon builds seem to do, and what all the threads I have read seem to indictate, but the DM I'm currently playing with would like to see more than "board consensus". To his credit, he is open to the idea that he could be reading it incorrectly, but he reads it as the Chameleon may only select one type of divine caster (cleric,paladin,ranger) spell list for that use of divine focus, and then may choose which spells to memorize from that list alone.

1.a) Is there any official rulings on this that specifically address this issue?
1.b) Who exactly wrote the Chameleon for Races of Destiny, and does someone have their email address?

I have seen plenty of board posters that complain about the Chameleon's "cherry picking" ability, spell wise, but that is not convincing enough for the DM. I need something more substantial to take to him. Such as the writer's testimony, signed in his own blood. Or something.

Shellman

First Post
No you pick a single divine spellcasting class and you prepare spells as if you actually had levels in that class.

So, you would pick either cleric, druid or paladin as your spells for the day.

Im at work so I cant answer any errata based questions right now.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Pariah said:
1) When the Divine Focus description says " You gain the ability to prepare and cast divine spells, which may be chosen from the spell list of any divine spellcasting class. " Does that mean you could memorize a paladin spell, druid spell, and cleric spell in one day?

That's what the class says, and yes, that's what it means. It looks pretty clear to me. :)

I don't see how the author's testimony is going to make a whole lot of difference -- you've already got his written statement in the book. :)

Good luck, -- N

PS: Tell him to look at it this way: you don't get the usual Divine goody of converting your spells to cures or summons, so you should get something nice instead.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads