• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Changeling - Broken Mirrors (Recruiting)

ArghMark

First Post
Putting out a call for interested people for a Changeling: the Lost game.

Game is set in Brisbane, Australia - but you don't need to be a local :D.

Any interested people?

No knowledge of the system is necessary, though helpful.

ArghMark

First Post
What the game Changeling is about or what my particular game will be about?

The game we would be playing would be involving, at first, meeting and forming a Motley, and then dealing with child abductions in the area. That would lead in to the various politics of the changeling factions in the area.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Consider me intrigued, but not yet sold. I much prefer Vampire and Mage. Would we be Seelie or Unseelie? And have you tried the Whitewolf forums?

ArghMark

First Post
The court system and so on are pretty standard out of Changeling the Lost, so Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter; definitions of Seelie/Unseelie aren't valid to the Lost, who number both darklings and fairest in their number without an eyeblink.

I would have tried the White Wolf forums, but as I'm a registered member here I pretty much focus most of my stuff here.

Shayuri

First Post
I'm interested. I've got the book, finally, so I've been looking to give it a try.

Have an idea for a darkling with some focus on Dream contracts...

ArghMark

First Post
Awesome, Shayuri.

Having a thought, I am going to have a few minor rules changes.

The dream 1 and 2 contracts are swapped about, and its not so hard to get into a dream without any of the contracts, but it does require being close to the dreamer. If you don't have the contracts you can only have minor effects on the dream; if you have the contract you can do a lot.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The court system and so on are pretty standard out of Changeling the Lost, so Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter; definitions of Seelie/Unseelie aren't valid to the Lost, who number both darklings and fairest in their number without an eyeblink.

Ah. It's been over 10 years since I played Changeling. I'm not familiar with the changes in the new edition. If it's anything like Vampire: The Requiem, it's only a shadow of the previous game; definitely not compatible. I'd have to learn a lot of new stuff. Not sure I'm up for that.

I would have tried the White Wolf forums, but as I'm a registered member here I pretty much focus most of my stuff here.

I only mentioned it because EN World gamers very rarely play White Wolf. I tried to get a Vampire: The Masquerade game started some years back and got virtually zero interest. The White Wolf forums are pretty friendly to newbies though. It would be a lot easier to start a game there.

ArghMark

First Post
Airwalkerr:

Thanks for the advice :D. I didn't mean to come across as abrasive.

As for knowing the setting, I wouldn't worry too much. Chances are you don't know much about Brisbane either, unless you're a local :D.

We can run through character creation easily enough which will give you a basic idea, but as your characters will be fresh out of the thorns I wouldn't worry; it may help a little to know about the setting but learning in-game can be a fun experience too.

Remove ads