• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Changeover poll

Changeover Edition to Edition of D&D Poll

• Complete Changeover: All 4E played now, no earlier editions of D&D

Votes: 179 31.7%
  • Largely over: Mostly 4E played now, some earlier edition play

Votes: 61 10.8%
  • Half over: Half 4E played now, half earlier edition play

Votes: 38 6.7%
  • Partial Changeover: Some 4E played now, mostly earlier edition play

Votes: 14 2.5%
  • Slight Changeover: A little 4E played now, mostly earlier edition play

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • No Change: Tried 4E, went back to earlier edition play

Votes: 83 14.7%
  • No Change: Never tried 4E, all earlier edition play

Votes: 154 27.3%

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I've played 4th, thought it was a fun game, but it doesn't feel like D&D to me, nor does it have the depth I enjoy in a roleplaying game (minis game or MMO, yes, but not and RPG).

I'll be launching a new campaign in September using the Pathfinder beta rules. At this point, I intend to stick with Pathfinder so long as Paizo continues support for it. If the alpha is any indication, it does a satisfactory job maintaining backwards compatibility while fixing most of the common problem areas of 3.5; high level play will not be fixed in the beta, but I expect it to be by the final release.

I did buy the 4E core books, but I don't intend to use them unless it's an odd one-off or I'm playing in someone else's game.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
4e ain't the only fish in the sea. It's there if I need a Michael Bay edition, but I'll do other stuff with my time (including other editions) mostly.

KingCrab

First Post
My group is currently still doing 3.5 Savage Tide, but soon we'll be instituting some (off topic) 4e sessions to explore the new rules.

Jhaelen

First Post
At this point, the poll is showing nearly 40% "No Change" of some kind.

Not what WotC would like, I'm sure.
Well, they don't have to be concerned. Unless, I am an exception they'll still sell their books. I haven't played 4E yet (and voted thusly), but I've bought the core books and will most likely buy many of the supplements even if I won't be able to use them in a game for years to come.

Roland55

First Post
Sorry ... nothing matches my situation.

I don't 'change over.' When a new Edition comes along, I see it as a whole new game. If I like it, I add it to the list of games I play. I don't just stop playing an older Edition just because it isn't shiny any more.

That way ... lies madness.

I am playing 4E. A little difficulty finding locals who want to try it. And I'm not enjoying it as I thought I would (I've enjoyed every other Edition). But it's early yet ... I'm patient.

BryonD

Hero
Did I say that the poll was statistically valid? Did I say that the sample size was sufficient to make marketing decisions?

No. I merely made an observation.

If- and that's a big if- numbers like the poll's hold up over time, that would be bad news for WotC.
There have been a lot of polls on some version of this nature.
55% - 60% for 4E seems to be a consistent range.

A lot higher than what I'm seeing in meatspace....

Remove ads