Changes to the assassin

Velmont

First Post
It is normal to see Poison in the Druid spell list, as the spell list of the druid ties closely to the nature, and many animals use poison. Magic Circle, yeap, it must be simply because the assassin is Evil.

If you want to create a spy PrC, go on, and you are free to take any suggestion I've made...

And another one: Traceless power. You are hard to track, but mainly, for the Spy, hard to tell he has been in the room and had search the drawer for that letter and took the time to make a copy...

IcyCool

First Post
Velmont said:
And another one: Traceless power. You are hard to track, but mainly, for the Spy, hard to tell he has been in the room and had search the drawer for that letter and took the time to make a copy...

Pass without trace, Nondetection, Misdirection.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that almost everything you have listed as something you'd like in a spy PrC is already present in the assassin. I'll look into making a PrC (and I'm not necessarily looking for a spy, as you seem to think Velmont), but as it is going to compete with my weekend free time and the time I'm taking to put together a pbp for the Living Eberron game, it'll take a back seat. If I get around to it (and I will eventually - I like to tweak), expect it to look very much like the current incarnation of the assassin. Thanks for the suggestions Velmont.

Velmont

First Post
IcyCool said:
Pass without trace, Nondetection, Misdirection.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that almost everything you have listed as something you'd like in a spy PrC is already present in the assassin.

Nope, I don't mean a spell, I mean a special quality. Look at the sneak. Sure, you can have it as a spell, but the spell have a limited duration, but you could have something that raise the difficulty, and that all the time, not only when a spell is on.

IcyCool said:
(and I'm not necessarily looking for a spy, as you seem to think Velmont)

Oh! Now, that's another matter. If it isn't a spy, maybe the Assassin is closer to your idea than I was thinking first... but I think a new PrC would be better, simply because it is something approved, something that maybe some player wanted to go for, or maybe a master have planned to use, and modification to one of the basic PrC might be good for you, but bad for many other persons.

Bront

The man with the probe
I have no problem with the "Non-good" addendum to the Assassin, but other than that, I like the class and the flavor.

I'm in the "Build your own PrC" if you want something different. I don't care if it's a copy of the assasin with only a bit changed, though I'd recomend doing a bit more than that.

orsal

LEW Judge
I want to leave the assassin as is, including the evil requirement. But I would be quite open to a variant PrC in addition to, rather than instead of, the assassin.

Patlin

Explorer
I'm voting NO on changing the assassin. Not that I like the assassin all that much as is, but it is pretty firmly established. The distinctions are mostly fluff, true enough, but fluff is sort of important to a prestige class.

I'd be much more favorably disposed towards a newly designed class. Sort of like number 3, but I expect you can make the mechanics more interesting if you put your mind to it... gotta hate death attack as a special ability. :p

Remove ads