Channel Divinity Feats

Stalker0

Legend
Armor of Bahumat - Straight up useful, one of my favorites.

Avandra's Rescue. I think this one is garbage. I would much rather keep my +1 to an attack roll and make sure a nice big healing hit goes off than use this power. This one would be cooler if it was range 2 or something.

Correlon's Grace - Another solid one, in fact I think its the best one of the lot.

Harmony of Erathis - I can give a buddy +2 to an attack roll if certain conditions are met, or I can use my +1. This wouldn't be bad except it costs a FEAT!! I put it in the midrange category, I might consider it if I'm playing a really helpful cleric.

Ioun's Poise - Garbage. Great bonus, but so situational I never know when to use it. I agree making it a +2 as an immediate interrupt would make this power solid and useful but not overpowered.

Kord's Favor - If someone scores a critical earlier, they may not need the surge. If they score it late, I may have already used diving favor or divine strength. Not one of my favorites.

Melora's Tide - A lot of ifs go into this one. Again, I have to not use my normal channel divinity powers to use this one, and only if my players are still bloodied, and it only gives good benefits if they are very hurt.

Moradin's Resolve - I give up a +1 all the time for a +2 I get sometimes and it costs me a feat. No thanks.

Pelor's Radiance - Good for paladins, not so much for clerics. Not that the range is much shorter than turn undead.

Raven's Queen Blessing - Can be useful if I haven't used my channel divinity already.

Sahanine's Reversal - Extremely powerful and extremely poor chance of happening do not a good combination make. First you have to make a save and get a 20, and the creature you got the effect from is still alive, and you haven't used your divine fortune yet (you know that +1 to saves against that really nasty effect you want to get rid of?).

I agree that if it worked with your allies then it could be useful. Or once you activated it worked for all 20's you roll on any save throughout the encounter.

DracoSuave

First Post
Avandra's Rescue. I think this one is garbage. I would much rather keep my +1 to an attack roll and make sure a nice big healing hit goes off than use this power. This one would be cooler if it was range 2 or something.

What I find interesting is that some of the more 'mediocre' powers in the hands of clerics actually turn out extremely useful in the hands of paladins.

Stalker0

Legend
What I find interesting is that some of the more 'mediocre' powers in the hands of clerics actually turn out extremely useful in the hands of paladins.

I could shift a person, or I could give a person an immediate save with a +3 or +4 bonus....or I could add +3 or +4 damage to one attack. I don't think the paladin gets any more love out of this one.

nittanytbone

First Post
Moradin's resolve at first looks sucky -- spend a feat to get +1 over Divine Fortune? Lame!

But, a second look shows that Moradin's Resolve gives the bonus until the end of your next turn. That lets you get the +2 bonus to hit three times (if spending an AP), not just once with the Divine Fortune +1 bonus.

Not as shabby now.

MeMeMeMe

First Post
Armor of Bahamut - target takes half damage from the critical hit (just so you don't feel like you wasted a power when the DM rolls max damage anyway).

With multiple dice in the damage roll this is pretty unlikely.
However, my tweak would be: the critical hit does half damage.

Keenath

Explorer
That may be a bit odd if there are intervening models.
I dunno; it's divine magic, innit? It's not a martial maneuver; it could easily be a benign transposition teleportation effect.

+2 may make people wrinkle their nose at it still. I think a +3 would be reasonable.
Sounds good to me.

I'll have to wait and see that one, but it sounds like a good plan.
Eh, it's right there on the character sheet from DDXP. Hang on a sec, I'll grab it.

Here you go:
Channel Divinity: Power of Amaunator Feat power
Your prayer to Amaunator creates a white-hot surge of radiance.
Encounter * Divine, Radiant
Free Action Personal
Trigger: You hit an enemy with a power with the radiant keyword.
Effect: Your power deals an extra 1d10 radiant damage to all targets hit by the power used. If the power deals half damage on a miss, you deal half of the extra damage as well.

Keenath

Explorer
First you have to make a save and get a 20, and the creature you got the effect from is still alive, and you haven't used your divine fortune yet (you know that +1 to saves against that really nasty effect you want to get rid of?
You can reflect the condition to any enemy in range, not just the one who put it on you.

Keenath

Explorer
With multiple dice in the damage roll this is pretty unlikely.
However, my tweak would be: the critical hit does half damage.
Well, we kind of discussed that earlier. Half damage can be a very powerful effect, and 4e doesn't seem to like multipliers much -- which is probably a good position, as stacking multipliers is what led to most of the abusive ability combos in 3.x, like the hulking hurler.

Better to use the existing mechanics, like Resist 5 All.

Mengu

First Post
Channel Divinity: Power of Amaunator Pelor Feat power
Your prayer to Amaunator Pelor creates a white-hot surge of radiance.
Encounter * Divine, Radiant
Free Action Personal
Trigger: You hit an enemy with a power with the radiant keyword.
Effect: Your power deals an extra 1d10 radiant damage to all targets hit by the power used. If the power deals half damage on a miss, you deal half of the extra damage as well.

Fixed it slightly, I think it's good to go. ;)

I actually think that Melora's Tide needs to be nerfed in the outside encounters sense. It's silly that one feat can effectively can provide so many extra healing surges worth of healing. In combat I think it's okay, especially in the hands of a cleric due to healing lore.

Remove ads