Channel Divinity Feats

Mengu

First Post
I actually think that Melora's Tide needs to be nerfed in the outside encounters sense. It's silly that one feat can effectively can provide so many extra healing surges worth of healing. In combat I think it's okay, especially in the hands of a cleric due to healing lore.

Healer's Lore only applies to Cleric Powers. Melora's Tide is a Feat Power.

As for it needing to be nerfed, maybe. But I wouldn't, until I see how often it comes into play. The target will still typically need 2 healing surges to heal up fully, and if the target is that badly injured, the odds are that a few of his healing surges have already been triggered during the encounter. So shaving off the need for 1 surge is actually more helpful to the DM, so the party can keep going. I don't mind it, even if it is on the high end of the feat power curve.

Carpe DM

First Post
Raven Queen's Blessing is, indeed, awesome-sauce.

Even better is combo-ing it with a Warlord. Need a quick heal? Commander's Strike --> Drop a minion --> Raven Queen's Blessing. Ver' nice.

MeMeMeMe

First Post
Well, we kind of discussed that earlier. Half damage can be a very powerful effect, and 4e doesn't seem to like multipliers much -- which is probably a good position, as stacking multipliers is what led to most of the abusive ability combos in 3.x, like the hulking hurler.

Better to use the existing mechanics, like Resist 5 All.

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you. But in this case, I know my mathematics.
Having the damage of the critical is just slighty worse than using the printed rule, on average. But it's consistent.
It can only deal a better result than the official rule, when the damage roll is under average..

Keenath

Explorer
Much discussion has been had about Sehanine's Reversal with no real conclusion. I had an idea earlier:

What if the text were changed slightly so instead of "when you roll a natural 20", it activates "when you get a result of 20 or better"?

That keeps it fairly difficult to activate in the normal run, but rewards you for comboing that power with powers that grant save bonuses. In other words, when you beat the save DC by 10, you get a special added benefit.

On the other hand, that may still be too difficult. Perhaps a result of "15 or better" would do it?

Thoughts?

Stalker0

Legend
Moradin's resolve at first looks sucky -- spend a feat to get +1 over Divine Fortune? Lame!

But, a second look shows that Moradin's Resolve gives the bonus until the end of your next turn. That lets you get the +2 bonus to hit three times (if spending an AP), not just once with the Divine Fortune +1 bonus.

Not as shabby now.

Indeed!! Thank you sir, you've definitely made me reconsider this feat.

Kordeth

First Post
Indeed!! Thank you sir, you've definitely made me reconsider this feat.

Also worth noting is that Moradin's Resolve gives you a bonus on all attacks, while Divine Fortune gives you +1 to your next attack. That means Moradin's Resolve adds to OAs, all attacks as part of an area attack, immediate action attacks, multi-target powers, etc. If you play it right, you could be getting +2 to a lot of attacks against the big folk. Just imagine a Moradin-worshipping cleric/ranger giant hunter. Youch.

Rystil Arden

First Post
There were a bunch of other ideas for Sehanine's Reversal in one of my threads from last month. I can't remember all of them, but one of them was a compromise between the current useless feat and the (too powerful IMO) ability to do it on any save:

The ability triggers on any successful save, but you have to roll a Wis or Cha vs Will attack to make the condition stick, rather than it being automatic.

If you prefer to keep it more similar to the original feat, then how about making the dice roll for the saving throw the same dice roll for the Wis or Cha vs Will attack? That way, a Natural 20 on the save will automatically give the enemy the effect, just like the original, and you might succeed anyway if you rolled lower on the save than 20, but you're taking a gamble.

Remove ads