• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character build- is it legal?

Binho

First Post
Hi guys. I was making characters builds just for fun. So I would like to hear your opinion about this gish-like build.

Cloistered 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle 2, mage of arcane order 3, Fochlucan lyrist 10; BAB 14, CL arcane19, CL divine11

human, str 14, dex 14, con 12, int 18, wis 12, cha 14 (house rule: the sum has to be 84, min 8, max 18)

1: Cloistered Cleric 1 - Lore(as Bard Knowledge), Travel Devotion, Knowledge Devotion, War Domain (WF: long sword), skill focus(religion), extend spell
2: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard (1) - Familiar, script Scroll(I'm planning to trade this for fighter's feat)
3: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard (2) - cooperative spell
4: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard (3)
5: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard (4)
6: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle (1) - oracle domain, feat(?)
7: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle (2)
8: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle 2, Mage of Arcane Order (1)
9: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle 2, Mage of Arcane Order (2) -
holy warrior, metamagic feat(?)
10: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle 2, Mage of Arcane Order (3) - language(druidic)
11: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle 2, Mage of Arcane Order 3, Fochlucan lyrist (1)
12: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle 2, Mage of Arcane Order 3, Fochlucan lyrist (2) - divine metamagic
13: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle 2, Mage of Arcane Order 3, Fochlucan lyrist (3)
14: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle 2, Mage of Arcane Order 3, Fochlucan lyrist (4)
15: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle 2, Mage of Arcane Order 3, Fochlucan lyrist (5) - feat(?)
16: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle 2, Mage of Arcane Order 3, Fochlucan lyrist (6)
17: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle 2, Mage of Arcane Order 3, Fochlucan lyrist (7)
18: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle 2, Mage of Arcane Order 3, Fochlucan lyrist (8) - feat(?)
19: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle 2, Mage of Arcane Order 3, Fochlucan lyrist (9)
20: Cloistered Cleric 1, Wizard 4, Divine Oracle 2, Mage of Arcane Order 3, Fochlucan lyrist (10)

PS: at level 10, I must have some item or spell that increases WIS.

I was thinking of give up familiar and take immediate magic(conjuration), also. The other option is go for sorccerer and use travel devotion like crazy.

I plan to use the spell substitute domain to change oracle domain. Someone know any domain that gives perform skill?
Can you guys point feats and combos that would be good for this kind of character? The main theme is arcane melee.
The requisite language(druidic) is fullfiled by the mage of arcane order 3, that gives a free language. Someone could argue that it shouldn't be avaliable to nondruids, but I could figure out (lore) a fallen druid and bribe/charm/treat him to teach me how to speak the language.
So, what about this build? Any mistake I'm making? Any way to make this stronger(substituitons levels, tactics,...)? How do you rate it?
Oh, if someone would advice other classes, I would prefer classes of the player's handbook and alterations of their from other books. :) !!!

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Fochlucan Lyrist has an Evasion prereq.

Also, Perform is not a class skill for any of your pre-Fochlucan Lyrist classes, so unsure how you'll meet the 13 ranks in Perform (String). Dunno any domains that grant it.

Other than that, looks good to me.

Is the Divine Oracle progressing Cleric or Wizard spells? What's that PrC in there for?

emoplato

First Post
Fochlucan Lyrist has an Evasion prereq.

Also, Perform is not a class skill for any of your pre-Fochlucan Lyrist classes, so unsure how you'll meet the 13 ranks in Perform (String). Dunno any domains that grant it.

Other than that, looks good to me.

Is the Divine Oracle progressing Cleric or Wizard spells? What's that PrC in there for?
Divine Oracle gives an evasion like ability that even works in heavy armor.

Empirate

First Post
Still up to the DM to decide whether Prescient Sense satisfies the Evasion requirement. Also, where's Druidid language coming from?

For further reading, here's some good material on building a Fochlucan Lyrist, with all the caveats involved.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Still up to the DM to decide whether Prescient Sense satisfies the Evasion requirement. Also, where's Druidid language coming from?

For further reading, here's some good material on building a Fochlucan Lyrist, with all the caveats involved.

I don't see why a DM would rule otherwise, reading the entry, it does everything Evasion does, even says it's like Evasion, only it can be used in armor.

He explained the Druidic language in his notes. Bribery, etc.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
I don't see why a DM would rule otherwise, reading the entry, it does everything Evasion does, even says it's like Evasion, only it can be used in armor.

Fochlucan Lyrist doesn't have anything to do with Evasion; the Evasion requirement is there to enforce having at least two levels of Rogue. Prescient Sense does not satisfy the prerequisites, any more than wearing a ring of evasion does. This is incorrect under both RAW and RAI.

They should have just stuck with Trapfinding and Sneak Attack +1d6. That only requires one level of Rogue... but at least it actually requires a level of Rogue, or some combination of Rogue-like classes.

the Jester

Legend

I wouldn't go for it. Because it is not evasion, and it can be used in armor.

He explained the Druidic language in his notes. Bribery, etc.

This one either. Druidic is Druid-only; it's a prerequisite specifically in order to require a level of druid.

marcielle

First Post
Blighters? They might teach some outsiders Druidic since they seem to be more or less anti-Druids.

Failing that, secrets can be gleamed, stolen, overheard and when all else fails, mindraped outta somebody.

Remove ads