• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Builder Beta available

amysrevenge

First Post
Colour me tickled pink.

My main PC is Vista 64, so it won't load here yet, but my laptop is XP and it works great. I was prepared to be bummed out by suckiness, but as it turns out it is super awesome. :)

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
You know, I hadn't even considered the idea that the Character sheet was editable!

I guess we're going to see a lot of people producing alternative versions of that.

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Just throwing in my 2cp. (No, I haven't read every message in this thread so if I repeat, please to ignore, k thx).

I love it. I think it's a great app, and it far exceeds my expectations.

I do wish that I could save it as a format that's more portable, such as a .pdf file, but (as discussed earlier in this thread) there are workarounds.

You know, I hadn't even considered the idea that the Character sheet was editable!
Hehe, for a moment I read:
You know, I hadn't even considered the idea that the Character sheet was edible!

I suppose you need food coloring ink and wafer paper or something like that.

A use scenario might be: When a monster swallows your character and kills it, the DM gets to eat your character sheet...
You could also use it for spell cards / power cards, reflecting their "consumable" nature. ;)

justanobody

Banned
Banned
Holy crackfiend Batman, this program is taking forever to install!

Did you already have the latest .NET installed?

It also seems that the DDI downloader for .NET 3.5 SP1 hangs up, while the direct version from Microsoft many work better and a little quicker.

.NET is a slow thing.

The builder itself shouldn't take too long once .NET is fully registered and you have rebooted.

firesnakearies

Explorer
I really like it, a lot. I'm very excited to see the full version with support for all levels and source materials. So far, though, it definitely exceeds my expectations. Good job Wizards!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Xtheth

First Post
Did you already have the latest .NET installed?

It also seems that the DDI downloader for .NET 3.5 SP1 hangs up, while the direct version from Microsoft many work better and a little quicker.

.NET is a slow thing.

The builder itself shouldn't take too long once .NET is fully registered and you have rebooted.

I kinda assumed when I set my computer to "automatically update to latest everything" that it did that already. I guess I'll find out in a few minutes.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
I kinda assumed when I set my computer to "automatically update to latest everything" that it did that already. I guess I'll find out in a few minutes.

:eek: You did that with Windows?

So you will be restarting sometime after New Years then?

Hopefully it does get SP1 and not just 3.5 since SP1 may not be an upgrade but just a new package in their list.

I have seen Windows skip things before when I tried to let it update everything. I hope your case is not the same.

Remove ads