• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Concepts

Nyaricus

First Post
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
A thri-kreen ranger. I've bought Thri-kreen of Athas and know how to RP one, but I haven't been able to play a thri-kreen since 2e days.
I'm playing in a Dark Sun campaign bi-weekly (and runnning my FR one on the other days) and there's a guy in the group who's playing a Thri-Kreen Scout/Ranger. Just thought I'd make you jealous :p

xnrdcorex

First Post
Three things came to my mind.

The first is a ubran druid from dragon magazine compendium that is always wildshaped as a Boat, and his ubran companion is an anchor that he spits at people!
Now I understand he can only be a huge boat, but his friends can ride him...and he can spit his companion at other boats!!!!

I also wanted to play an updated version of oozemaster from...I forget what 3.0 book it was. It was one of the class books like song adn silence, but it had a socrerer prestige class that became obsessed with oozes and eventually turned into one.

The idea of walking around with my face half-melted like reed richards in the f-4 movie(that scene where he falls asleep) really sounds awsome to me. That and he can empathy oozes. He empathizes with Oozes!! I can't stress that enough....He hurls globules of ooze at people at well because they misunderstand hiw ooze nature. If he comes accross and brother or sister oozes and puddings he lays down and rolls around inside them; understanding their oozey pain!

The third character I've wanted to play is a half-dragon half-ogre dread-pirate named Dragogert the Inconspiuous. He has leadership and his cohort is his wife, a half-saughin half-seahag Ghost named Saughaghostica...He roams the ever-blue seas with his undead bride by his side! I'd go into the story I built - how he rescued her from the tortures of a mad scientist that turned her into that creature, and how love conquered even death - but I'll spare you.

Suffice to say Dragogert and Saughaghostica will some-day set sail! Perhaps abaord his best friend the Urban ship-shaped man! Maybe their oozey friend will hop abaord and swab the deck with his ooze globules. Oh what a merry crew they'd be!

Last edited:

fafhrd

First Post
I had an idea to play a changeling paladin of the Traveller. Happening upon a dying paladin on the roadside, he listened to the man's tale of a villain walking free and a wrong unpunished. As the paladin breathed his last, the Changeling (as befit his Becomer roots) donned the paladin's garb and assumed his form. A chance meeting, a stranger in need of solace, a destiny to fulfill; beneath it all, the subtle hand of the god of crossroads.

ThoughtBubble

First Post
Nifft said:
A Rogue or other sneaky guy in a team full of other sneaky guys. We'd do tricky things and avoid the hell out of fair fights. This concept requires party and DM approval.

-- N

That so rocks! I would so do that!

I'd like to play a sword trained noble. A guy who is good with information, great with people, educated, connected, and a pretty good swordsman in a pinch. Sure he won't be out fighting the fighters, but can function perfectly well up in the face of combat. Or maybe I just want to play a bard who doesn't get put in a "Bard" box the instant someone finds out what class I'm playing.

Kharan shieldsworn. A shield wielding barbarian focusing on defense and protecting allies. Likewize Khel the shield, a shield wielding paladin. I'd just like to see the shield get some loving.

An elven fighter/mage. Something about robes, a longsword and a longbow just sticks together. Also be funny to try as a far more effective cleric.

Gatskrin Dree, human paladin. The traveller from the countryside whos eyes see through every lie you can offer.

There's a tricky charismatic halfing who dresses like a human child forming somehwere in my mind too. Not too many details ready just yet though.

Cor Azer

First Post
There are quite a few concepts I've been wanting to try, since I normally only get to DM.

A proper horseman in the vein of the Rohirrim; specifically, he'd have several horses with him - a light riding horse for general use, a heavy warhorse for planned combat, a pack horse for stuff, and likely a few extra horses so none of his mounts gets too tired form carrying frequent weight. He'd also use several types of armors in the same vein - none for travel in civilized areas, perhaps a chainshirt when ready for, btu not expecting combat, and full plate for the pre-planned skirmish. I don't think I'd specifically go for a knighthood, but wouldn't rule it out depending on how the campaign went.

A vanilla dwarven fighter. A simple-goaled fellow - uses his axes to kill monsters and loot their lairs, hoping to collect enough to retire and run a brewery. Nobody in my gaming group plays dwarves, and I've never actually played this archetype.

Astereotypical paladin. This was moreso an idea for a whole campaign on of the other DMs was thinking of running with three of the players playing paladins, and I've kind of maxed all the ideas together - one paladin was going to be a drunk, one quite promiscuous, but I don't quite recall the third. They'd all be Lawful Good and follow the generic paladin code in the Player's Handbook, but would be "flawed" in some way that didn't violate the code - for example, the promiscuous paladin would flirt (and possibly more) with many and varied women, but he'd treat them all with great respect and not as conquests, and he'd always be upfront about his plans, never lying, etc...

Remove ads