• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Character Creation] [VtR] nWoD Vampire Game

Graf

Explorer
OK. I've changed my mind about something.

As I said in the previous post I've got a lot of the preludes blocked out. And i'd been thinking that I'd just rush through them and we'd be done and the game started.

But that's not fun for anyone, and it's odes produce anything interesting (see the most recent Archer post). So now I'm thinking that
1. Run the preludes properly. Short posts by me, more interaction (this is happening better with Cole and Biggs right now --I'm gonna cut down on the long one way conversations i'd been throwing at Festy.
2. We're going to have a hard start for the main game Next Wednesday December the 26th (I think that starting around christmas just isn't going to work which is why it's not in a week).

If the preludes don't make it by then then those characters will just arrive later.

Sound good? comments? thoughts?

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Works for me.
Though I am at a loss as to what kind of response is expected from Cole.
I made some presumations about people, was corrected, do you require a re-post or something?

-Blood

WarShrike

First Post
Works for me. I've also been fiddling around with IC today, got a few rolls done on [VtR]Biggs, and just to note, in the description, it's specified "just trying it out, doesn't count gamewise".

Jemal

Adventurer
well, here's the mechanics.. how's it look?

[sblock=James]
Virtue: Patience
Vice: Greed

Attributes:
Int ***
Wits ***
Resolve **

Strength **
Dexterity ***
Stamina **

Presence **
Manipulation **
Composure **

Skills:

Academics **
Computers **
Investigate **
Occult (Vampires) ****
Politics *

Brawl **
Drive *
Survival *

Persuassion (Seduction) ***
Socialize **
Streetwise (Rumours) **

Merits:
Strong Back *
Resources ***
Status **
X? *

Size: 5
Defense: 3
Initiative: +5
Speed: 10

Health: *******
Willpower ****

Humanity: 7
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
From email; 11:46 pm (GMT-6)...

Graf said:
Mass emailing everyone in vampire whose address i have.

Some family stuff has pulled of completely off the 'net.
Can't see enworld at all.

Should be back in 24 or so hours.

Since i don't have everyone's email i'd appreciate it he someone could
drop a note in the thread.
Thanks!
Graf

Graf

Explorer
back, actually a bit sleep deprived. I'll hit the questions here first and then go over the prelude thread.

[edit= and thanks ig for posting that!]

WarShrike said:
So, how does attacking with 2 weapons work?
I've been assuming that when you pull out your wakizashi you're doing the ** power. The * power hasn't come up yet (though in certain situations it could be very powerful I think).

Since a Katana is basically a two handed weapon (and the wakizashi isn't normally used to fight unless the Katana is lost somehow) I honestly haven't been able to imagine fighting handed with both of them.
I've just kinda assumed Biggs developed his own fighting style.

Graf

Explorer
Bloodweaver1 said:
Works for me.
Though I am at a loss as to what kind of response is expected from Cole.
I made some presumations about people, was corrected, do you require a re-post or something?

-Blood
Nope!

No corrections necessary.

You're response was already excellent in that you talked about the sort of things Cole wants to do.

Graf

Explorer
Jemal,

Looks fine. Will email you on something.

[edit=Your resources *** is "free" when the game begins, because you can't use it.
Or do you want to bank those points?
And get it "free" after the game advances to a certain point?
(banking is fine, and stress free, but you're out those merit points initially)]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Coles and Biggs last posts were malformed (Cole's minorly, Biggs' severely).
They should be fixed now. Admittedly my "writing" (or whatever you call it) borders on the incomprehensible.

Just let me know if something is unreadable and I'll clear it up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads